how to make a custom shield capacitator block?

Reaction score
    I'd like to create a custom value shield cap block without removing the original block. the function to assign shields to a block seems to be tied to id 3 or "SHIELD_ID" only, and assigning that id to a custom block creates a duplicate block id error.

This also seems to be the case for other functions like shield regen, power etc.

Anyone know how to assign shield cap (or other ID tied) function to custom blocks?

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Nope. Currently, all behavior is tied to specific numerical IDs. From what I've seen, these numbers are currently hard-coded, and you cannot configure your way out of it.

So for now, ID 3 is the shield capacitor. You get one. Hopefully, future work will improve on this.

Reaction score
    that is... extremely disappointing. it completely ruins my plans for reworking the games balance and locks away a lot of awesome possibilities.

its a little surprising to see a game with such open ended play and tons of "customization" options not have something so... obviously important.

thanks for the help.

Reaction score
    Is this still the case?
    I.e I cannot have mutliple shield capacitors block with slightly different numbers?