How to keep objects swirling around the planet.

Reaction score
    I send defense turrets, movable space stations, and other things outward from the planet so it can
    circle around the planet, but after a while, the object drifts away from the planet.

is there anyway to keep it from drifting away?
    while it is not going to fast, it is annoying.

Reaction score
    Just asknig but have you gone into the server settings and turned off "Drag" ?

fire219

1200° Plasma
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    The in-game physics aren't realistic enough to do any sort of orbit. The best you can do is to place a fixed space station above the planet.

(Seems another mod thought you weren't talking about Starmade, and moved this over to Offtopic.... I'll move it back and torment him for his mistake. ;) )

MrFURB

Madman of the Girders
    Reaction score
    The in-game physics aren't realistic enough to do any sort of orbit. The best you can do is to place a fixed space station above the planet.

(Seems another mod thought you weren't talking about Starmade, and moved this over to Offtopic.... I'll move it back and torment him for his mistake. ;) )
    Yeah, my bad. I was pretty tired at the time and should have asked first. I admit my mistake.

Reaction score
    At one point when I first started playing I did something like this. By building a giant tower from the surface of a planet and then removing the connecting section, it gives the illusion of being a separate object but is essentially a part of the planet and will rotate with it.

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    I'm pretty certain that the game in its current state can't support orbits. You'll want to create stationary stations (press m) in space or just park a ship at the very brink of the gravitational pool.

You can also do what the person above me stated by using a build block.