How to get High Rate of Fire Weapons in the New Update?

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Hey guys, I just got the new update, created a new universe and imported over a couple of my projects that I've been working on, but I've found that it's almost impossible to get high rates of fire in large guns (I've tested AMCs and Damage Beams so far). This is kinda understandable, but now that enemies seem to be spawning at 10 times the rate they used to be, I'd prefer my turrets take them out as fast as possible without crashing my game. SO, is there any way to get edit the stat ratios of weapons anymore, or to even get high rate of fire weapons at all?

Thanks for any help you can give!
    -Cheers!

Crimson-Artist

Wiki Administrator
    Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    • Wiki Contributor Gold
    Hey guys, I just got the new update, created a new universe and imported over a couple of my projects that I've been working on, but I've found that it's almost impossible to get high rates of fire in large guns (I've tested AMCs and Damage Beams so far). This is kinda understandable, but now that enemies seem to be spawning at 10 times the rate they used to be, I'd prefer my turrets take them out as fast as possible without crashing my game. SO, is there any way to get edit the stat ratios of weapons anymore, or to even get high rate of fire weapons at all?

Thanks for any help you can give!
    -Cheers!
    The sliders are gone. now stats of weapons are more directly affected by by the Master/Slave system. for a higher rate of fire from weapons i would use Cannons as a slave since Cannons by their nature increase the rate of fire of any weapon.

the ratio of blocks between the Master and the slave is 1:1. Say if the Master has 100 blocks and you have a Slave that has 50 blocks then the Master will receive 50% of the slave systems effects. please look at the new post of the update to check what weapons combo exist.

for example: to get the highest rate of fire out of Cannon/Cannon combo then both the master and the slave need the exact same number of blocks

Reaction score
    Can you please post a link to that update page?

Reaction score
    Do note that a higher rate of fire will lower the damage of individual rounds.

For this reason, I tend to have it fast enough to allow for lead correction, but not so fast that it does poor damage when it does hit.

jayman38

Precentor-Primus, pro-tempore
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Do note that a higher rate of fire will lower the damage of individual rounds.

For this reason, I tend to have it fast enough to allow for lead correction, but not so fast that it does poor damage when it does hit.
    Yeah, I've seen elsewhere on the forum that 96% cannon slave (having 96% as many cannon barrel blocks as there are master weapon blocks) is the sweet spot for damage vs. Rate of Fire (rof).