How to Determine Station Spawn Location?

Edymnion

Carebear Extraordinaire!
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    I'm currently working on a proper faction home station in creative mode so that I can blueprint it and move it over to an online server. It includes a kilometer long shipyard and will have quite a bit more added to it as I go, and I'm foreseeing a problem when I spawn it in.

Keeping it away from sector boundaries.

I built a km long shipyard on server already as a separate station (that I'm incorporating into the new one) and it crossed a sector boundry. When I despawned and respawned it from blueprint, it ended up spawning much farther away from me than I anticipated, but luckily it was still within the sector and all was good.

So, since this new one is going to be even bigger, is there a reliable way to drop a blueprinted station exactly where you want it? Starting a station where you want it is easy enough, spawning a complete one in... less so.

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    The best advice I can give is locate the center of the sector. Placing it near the edge can cause serious issues.
    To find the center look at the surrounding sectors and move till the distance to all of them is the same.

Edymnion

Carebear Extraordinaire!
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    The best advice I can give is locate the center of the sector. Placing it near the edge can cause serious issues.
    To find the center look at the surrounding sectors and move till the distance to all of them is the same.
    Yeah, thats what I did last time. Got exact center of the sector, hit Spawn, and it appeared nearly a kilometer away from me.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Yeah, thats what I did last time. Got exact center of the sector, hit Spawn, and it appeared nearly a kilometer away from me.
    Figure out which way it spawns from you and measure the target it and get the distance. Then adjust position and respawn it after offsetting your position.

I know its a pain. I put a suggestion in requesting sector coordinates over the same issue.

StormWing0

Leads the Storm
    Reaction score
    Figure out which way it spawns from you and measure the target it and get the distance. Then adjust position and respawn it after offsetting your position.

I know its a pain. I put a suggestion in requesting sector coordinates over the same issue.
    I've tried that with station BPs before, it's a pain since the game likes to spawn semi randomly but if you hit C or whatever key aligns you to galactic center line than it should give you and idea at least since that is what is tries to spawn in relation to.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    If you area admin you might try using
    teleport_selected_to
    • DESCRIPTION: teleports the currently selected entity
    • PARAMETERS: X(Float), Y(Float), Z(Float)
    • EXAMPLE: /teleport_selected_to 0.0 1.0 3.5