How to Create a Server

Reaction score
    Hello there.

I would like some help from whoever knows this kind of stuff becasue I need some help making a private server. Is this possible or not?

If anyone help me it would be hugely appreciated.

Hydrax

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    When you launch up the game click \"Start Dedicated Server\" and then forward the port 4242 :)

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    As far as hosting servers goes, StarMade is relatively simple. The downside to this is that there aren\'t too many features to the server GUI or even configuration, but hey- it\'s a work in progress. As Husky said, all you have to do to host a server on your LAN is click \"start dedicated server\" from the launcher. In order for people to connect to your server from other locations you will need to open the port 4242 on your router. If you don\'t already know how to do this, you can google your router make and model number and \"open port\" and you can probably find instructions and maybe even a video.

Also, if you want to play the game on the same machine you\'re hosting from, you can do that too! Just open your launcher again after starting the server, and for the ip in the game put in \"localhost:4242\". That\'s what I do for my server as well. It shouldn\'t be too stressful on your machine.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    If you just want the easiest way that does not involve the pain of port forwarding then download a program called Hamachi. It will allow you to make a network with a few friends.

Reaction score
    Do we have to pay per persons we can let in on our server ? A friend told me that and i wanted to clear things up.

WatcherCCG: Hamachi is simple, open it, select \'\'net\'\' on the top part then select \'\'create a new net\'\' then you are good to go :)

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I\'ve always had problem connecting to non hamachi when I use Hamchi, it screws with my network registries.