How to Change Direction Of Docked Ship

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I am trying to dock a ship in a space station hanger. A can get the ship to dock so that it is upright and everything but I can't make it so that the front of the ship points towards the outside of the hanger, it points at the wall instead. Is there anyway I can change which way it points when it is docked?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Its mentioned in the tutorial starmade provide right

here: http://youtu.be/vxnu8Sg3sVM?t=29s

Reaction score
    Sadly a pretty much uninformative video..

For anyone still watching it: The Ctrl+Shift+W (or A,S,D) as far as can tell does not work in the version available to the public. (Even if it would, it only seems to be a convenient way to use the available rotation of the advanced building)

Regarding the question of this thread: As no one came up with an answer, (and there do not seem to be any options in the game for this) you should assume that it currently is simply not possible to rotate the orientation of a docked ship.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Been investigating recently as I had a request about altering docking positions after making a video on setting up a docking module.

I have found a way to attach the ship to the side but I have yet to find a way to flip the ship 180 degrees.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Would love to know how if even possible, if not lets hope it gets implimented asap. Because just building in one of the directions of the station is a bummer.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Its possible... but you need to have planned from the initial building stage:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6BLF81nrorU

Reaction score
    But that\'s not a solution to the problem.

I think it yet has to be implemented to be able to rotate the docking block itself so the ship would dock with a different angle, like not pointing east, but pointing west.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Well it is a temporary solution until they actually implement the ability to rotate the docking area.

If you really have your heart set on docking a certain way you can build your ship to allow you to do that.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    I would love to be able to define the rotation of the docked ships, not just the docking zone itself :) Lets hope this gets implemented soon.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    This feature is specially a boon for all those mecha builders (creating robots that are made from other robots)

mrsinister

Xenophage
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    technically you could just make your ship you want to be able to rotate like a turret. Then use turret docks, then just dock your ship then turn around or at an angle.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Plus ONE!

I was going crazy looking for this option and refused to believe it\'s not possible, given all the flexibility this game has already. Sadly though, as indicated in this thread this is not currently an option, but I for one among the others who have posted here would love to see this get implemented.

Kudos to the developers for getting this off the ground. Great job!

Reaction score
    You can\'t mount a turret on another turret. Currently in the game, that is called \"chaining\" and \"chaining\" doesn\'t work. It will give you an error and prevent the docking. Nothing can be docked to a turret.

Reaction score
    Yeah, the current docking and turret expanders are pretty clunky solutions. Space Engineers has a much simpler and cleaner solution. Hopefully SM comes up with something more functional, including making the actual guns rotate innstead of jacking a turret out of alignment at crazy angles.