How does one safely land and take off on planets??

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Purchased!
    Yeah pretty just as the title says; first time I tried landing on a planet resulted in me somehow getting stuck in a ice-planets ravine that had no way of getting in let alone getting out haha or is pretty much a crapshoot?

Also I'd to report that my FPS dropped to single-digits during my stay before I was able dig my way back into my ship and warp out.

Reaction score
    I had the same problem with the fps and it has to do with the graphics memory not being suficient enough. to fix/make it more doable, when you launch the game and your at the connection setup go to the settings tab and click advanced settings, then scroll all the way to the bottom and there is a seting for atmosphere, change that to none. Schema troubleshooted this with me for like three hours and this is what he came up with.

your ship has to have more thrust to overcome the gravity of planets so you can ease your decent is my guess. so you dont just smash into the surface.

Reaction score
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Screen_tearing

Though for planets I find the smaller the ship landing, the better. Also helps if the ship has a fair amount of flatness to the bit that is actually landing.
    I\'ve had instances of landing a ship, quitting, and logging back in to find the ship -600 on the Y axis compared to where it was when I logged off. I think it fell through the planet due to gravity before the planet blocks had actually loaded fully.