How do you navigate space?

Reaction score
    I've felt rather turned off by the idea of building something on a planet or a space station, because I've yet to find a way to return to the place after making it. I don't know how I'd return after leaving. So, can someone give me advice on how to find my way back to a place after making it/ finding it?

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • TwitchCon 2015
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Press N for navigation menu. Enter coordinates to desired sector. Follow white glowing arrow.

Reaction score
    Cool, but I found that after long enough I couldn\'t make a way point back to my new ship....

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Mark down the coordinates of every important sector on Notepad or some other program, and if you ever want to return open up the Notepad and copy the coordinates down, then just follow the waypoints the navigation menu gives you. In every case the N menu has led me to the sector I set, so if it\'s not working for you you\'re either entering the coordinates wrong, not following the waypoints correctly or are encountering a weird bug I\'ve never heard of before.

Reaction score
    There is a range on how far away you can see a SHIP\'s waypoint, I beleive its 1.5 sectors or so. the navigation waypoints can lead you to any sector anywhere ever and has no range limit.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Navigating back to shops and stations that way is fine, but keep in mind that planets and asteroids are orbiting around their parent star, and move around between sectors, so if you build something on one, it might be hard to find again because there is no in-game way to track or predict the movement, other than it will at some point navigate back around to where you found it the first time. With planets you can just see where it has moved to most of the time from several sectors away, but asteroids can be difficult.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Remember the sector its in and you should be able to find it. Its how i find my base.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Does anyone know how far away shops are from each other? I\'ve only found one so far and don\'t want to leave it to find another one in case I never find it again. The shop I\'ve found lacks docking moduels and stoarage units as well as gravity moduels so I kinda need a new one