how do you get rid of shilds quickly

Reaction score
    I am relatively new to this game but have a good understanding of how the game actully works but no mater what wepon system I try sometimes a enemy ship has more regen then the damige I can deal and while I could just use a missile/missile wepon but that dosn't work on severs due to lag I have tryed a damige beam wepon but I ran into the same issue so how do you get destroy ships with high shild regen?

Sachys

Hermit.
    Reaction score
    I am relatively new to this game but have a good understanding of how the game actully works but no mater what wepon system I try sometimes a enemy ship has more regen then the damige I can deal and while I could just use a missile/missile wepon but that dosn't work on severs due to lag I have tryed a damige beam wepon but I ran into the same issue so how do you get destroy ships with high shild regen?
    You want to setup:

Main beam (as an example we'll say its 100 blocks)
    Then slave a second beam computer to it thats connected to at least 50 of its own beam blocks
    and THEN (ideally) also slave an EMP effect computer with again, at least 50 emp effect blocks.

You can of course make this setup much smaller or larger depending on your needs / power output

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    Beams don't make for great anti-shield weapons because of their damage falloff with range. I would recommend cannons with EM effect personally. You should ALWAYS go for 100% tertiary effect, because it's basically free mass.

Dust, your reactor and weapons are probably too small compared to the total size of your ship. This is the most common mistake I notice with novice ship builders. You unfortunately need pretty substantial weapons (and the reactor to power it) to deal with shield regen effectively. You'll probably want weapon blocks to be at least 8-12% of your ship's total block count, and reactors to be around 25-30% of your ship's total block count. Since weapon blocks are so heavy this will come out to something like 30% or more of your total mass being just weapon blocks.

tl;dr if you can't beat shield regen it means you don't have a big enough gun

Reactions: Agame and Sachys
    Reaction score
    so what your saying is that all I really need to do is make a huge gun and add hundreds of EM effect modules to it?

Reaction score
    No, what they were saying is you will NOT win against a station or ship that is 3 times yours in any direction.
    So, since you are kind of new and can't be sure your ship will be the most extraordinarily efficient ship ever, do these:

1) Build your ship with at least same size as the enemy or bigger. Especially if the enemy is a station. Stations do not need thrust, jump devices and other stuff you need so they can and will be more efficient than you. (More punch for the same size/mass.)
    2) On your ship, use previous good advice about weapon types, secondaries, tertiaries, right proportion between them.
    3) My own advice that nobody ever follows: For a huge boost in efficiency and fun time in game, make your military ships have no interiors and make your gracious and beautiful interior ships not military. Just do not put weapons on a ship with more than 1-2% empty space inside and you will be happier, no matter how convoluted or simple, ornated or not is the ship's outer hull.

Or, if you want to stick to your size, choose to only fight enemies smaller than you. (It's like in high school, in a way.)

Also high school knowledge that applies perfectly in Star Made: consider skill (both in building and piloting ships) like martial arts. If your enemy is big/strong enough to split your skull with a single punch, you can not win and all the martial arts you learned mean nothing. RUN!
    But between similar size/strength opponents, martial arts make all the difference. So if you can not win, either spend years learning either just go bigger.

Do you remember the Loki-Hulk confrontation? "Puny God!" Loki was an immortal God, but a small one, so...

Last edited:

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    so what your saying is that all I really need to do is make a huge gun and add hundreds of EM effect modules to it?
    You need an equal number of EM effect modules to the primary weapon system. If you go over you won't get any damage from them, and if you go under you'll be getting less of an effect and you'll be less mass efficient, so match the primary. The same goes for the secondary, but you can go under without any issues, it just won't have the full secondary effect, but it won't be missing any damage.