how do you fight?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    With the new rail systems in place. How does one perfer to fight? Im sure we have different tactics and skills.
    With different ships, do you prefer small fighters, corvettes, frigates, cruisers, or carriers?
    Do you prefer head on staffing runs, or all out broadsiding your foe?
    Me personally, i broadside. I let all my turrets do the work.

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    For me it depends on the ship and it's weapons. I can be close up (almost ramming distance) with shield drain beams, bombarding from long range with missile/beam or just being lazy in a titan and letting the turrets blow everything up. Tbh close range is probably my favorite but high speed combat isn't very viable with the current thrust values :(

StormWing0

Leads the Storm
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    Yep depends on the ship but yes making sure it is saved tends to help and I got enough to replace it if I have too. In my case though since my computer hates me in harsh fights I'll likely be using all manner of drones, turrets and logic traps to bring down enemies. :)

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    I'm fairly new still to the ways most of the modules work but I've advanced far enough that my current flying space outpost looking thing simply makes scrap out of Pirate stations and ships, turned a large pirate station into a hunk of derelict. I prefer full frontal assault hammering on my opponents and let the shields and hull take care of the incoming fire. My ship is basically a turtle with a big hidden gun (lots of cannon modules on 1:1 scale with explosive effect modules).

sayerulz

Identifies as a T-34
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    I like fleet tactics. I plan to use my ion cannon frigate to drain shields at long range, then come in closer with my destroyer, which has 6 medium cannon-overdrive turrets that can tear ships apart in a broadside. I also have a missile destroyer in the works, which I think might work well for tearing up a ship at range after the ion frigate drains their shields and bombers clear away their point defense turrets.