How do I make an activator block reset itself?

Reaction score
    Greatings!, so I have been trying to figure this out for some time, I've experimented on my own, watched several logic tutorials and even read things on the forums but still the solution eludes me. What I'm trying to do is create a simple activation module reset itself after being activated, I've seen it done before but when I recreate the same circuits the switches seems to lock up and just activate everything instead of resetting.

As a person with little to no knowledge of simple coding and how such matters work aside from being a series of yeses and nos, if you do have a solution try and use small simple words for the sake of my poor brain.

Thank you and have a good day!

Reaction score
    • Councillor 3 Gold
    • Wired for Logic
    • Top Forum Contributor
    You have many options depending on you want a high pulse or a low pulse.

The last few don't work anymore but I haven't gotten around to making an updated video.

Reactions: Krazykat

jayman38

Precentor-Primus, pro-tempore
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    I think we're gonna need to see what logic you are trying to build. If we give you the answer, it might turn off the rest of the logic sequence when the activation switch is reset, which may or may not be what you want.

In short, you add a not block and a delay block.
    Step 0. Keep the connections you currently have.
    Step 1. Select the activation block ("C").
    Step 2. Press "V" while looking at the delay block. This connects the delay block to the activation block, so that half a second after the activation block is activated, the delay block turns on. This will not deselect any other blocks already attached to the activation block.
    Step 3. Press "C" while still looking at the delay block, to select it.
    Step 4. Press "V" while looking at the "Not" block. This connects the "Not" block to the delay block, so that when the delay block activates, the "Not" block turns from On (blue) to Off (yellow).
    Step 5. Press "R" while looking at the "Not" block to set it to the "On" position (blue) when the activation block and delay blocks are both off (yellow).
    Step 6. Press "C" while looking at the "Not" block, to select it.
    Step 7. Press "V" while looking at the Activation block. This connects the activation block to the "Not" block.

Here is what happens: When the activation block is activated, it sends a signal to the delay block. After an additional half-second, the delay block activates, which activates the "Not" block. When the "Not" block is activated, it turns off (yellow). When the "Not" block is activated (turned off), it turns off the original activation block.

Warning: When this circuit turns off the activation block, it will probably deactivate whatever original circuit you have built. This is why we need to know what you want to design. The instructions will change depending on what you need.

Thalanor

CEO Snataris Colonial Fleetyards
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    I think we're gonna need to see what logic you are trying to build. If we give you the answer, it might turn off the rest of the logic sequence when the activation switch is reset, which may or may not be what you want.

In short, you add a not block and a delay block.
    Step 0. Keep the connections you currently have.
    Step 1. Select the activation block ("C").
    Step 2. Press "V" while looking at the delay block. This connects the delay block to the activation block, so that half a second after the activation block is activated, the delay block turns on. This will not deselect any other blocks already attached to the activation block.
    Step 3. Press "C" while still looking at the delay block, to select it.
    Step 4. Press "V" while looking at the "Not" block. This connects the "Not" block to the delay block, so that when the delay block activates, the "Not" block turns from On (blue) to Off (yellow).
    Step 5. Press "R" while looking at the "Not" block to set it to the "On" position (blue) when the activation block and delay blocks are both off (yellow).
    Step 6. Press "C" while looking at the "Not" block, to select it.
    Step 7. Press "V" while looking at the Activation block. This connects the activation block to the "Not" block.

Here is what happens: When the activation block is activated, it sends a signal to the delay block. After an additional half-second, the delay block activates, which activates the "Not" block. When the "Not" block is activated, it turns off (yellow). When the "Not" block is activated (turned off), it turns off the original activation block.

Warning: When this circuit turns off the activation block, it will probably deactivate whatever original circuit you have built. This is why we need to know what you want to design. The instructions will change depending on what you need.
    Using this unmodified for the GravTrav fast travel tubes onboard my ship - works like a charm with gravity blocks (for some reason the annoying "neutralized gravity" does not happen).

Reaction score
    Using this unmodified for the GravTrav fast travel tubes onboard my ship - works like a charm with gravity blocks (for some reason the annoying "neutralized gravity" does not happen).
    That is because the information needed for player alignment/gravity is not propagated through circuits.

Thalanor

Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Excellent :) Logic currently does allow very easy creation of large gravtrav networks, and I hope it stays that way :D

Btw, as I haven't stated that yet, excellent and intuitive implementation of logic @der_scheme . Makes uni knowledge useful :p

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    If your interested in logic I suggest you check @Bench 's youtube channel. He has loads of logic tutorials, and this is only one of many things that he explains there.

Thalanor

Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Thanks :) Most interesting are starmade-specific implementation details, like how a player pressing an activation button or entering a trigger area attaches his handle to the signal, while a logic block won't propagate it, making gravity travel easy to do. Knowing all these should be enough to get everything done :)

Not to derail the thread, but a question to some people who have experience using logic in multiplayer (I am still in the process of building a small fleet in SP to use as blueprints on servers, because I only use stuff I made or reverse engineered myself):
    How lag intensive is usage of logic systems on a ship in MP? A scenario would include at least one permanently running clock attached to many components in a logic room in such a way that a fairly large amount of logic updates would happen (e.g. the clock input leads to change more often than not; like an 8-bit "logbook" shift register thing protocolling state changes like a flight recorder does)

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    It shouldn't lag that much as the game refreshes itself every so often anyway, and logic only changes only occur every 0,5 seconds or higher (unless someone spams lots of activator blocks, that might prove to be problematic, but even that might not matter that much).