How do I import blueprints?

Reaction score
    I get to the import section in the start up menu, slect the .sment file and click import but nothing happens, no ship appears in the list. When i start up the game and go to catalog the ships appear in available but when i try to buy them, I put in the name, click ok and then nothing happens. No error message but also no ship. I have more than enough money, what am I doing wrong?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    in the luancher onne you run it go to tools and open ship catalog manager and click on the import button

Reaction score
    In order to purchase a ship from the catalog, you need to be in range of a shop.

Uploading to multiplayer servers is buggy and often does not work.

More info: http://star-made.org/content/yogs-people-over-here-and-other-new-players-aka-frequently-asked-questions

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I was right next to a shop and tried to buy a ship from the catalog and it still didnt work and i had way over the requered money. no ship spawns just nothing at all. sorry i cant give you any more information but i was in range of the shop tried to buy it a few times on single player and it didnt work. any help would be thankfull

Reaction score
    Well, in that situation, it should\'ve worked. idk, check your cash again, make sure you are doing everything right. FYI, you will not immidiately enter the ship. The ship will appear somewhere around you, in space

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I also had the same issue. I imported ship blueprints using the catalog manager then went into singleplayer. I tried to buy ships using the catalog and I know that I had enough money. Then I put one of my own ships into the catalog and tried to buy it and it spawned in correctly next to the shop. The imported ships however still failed to spawn when I bought them.

fire219

1200° Plasma
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Blueprints are bugged right now, it should be fixed in a later version,

Reaction score
    I know this is kind of long, sorry about that. But it took me a bit to get importing to work and this works for me on all play mode types. Some of these steps may not be needed but this is how I did it. Hopefully it helps ^_^

I download the sment. file then I throw it into my Starmade folder (no specific location just inside the folder). Then open the game client, click \"start game\" so it takes you to the screen where you would enter your name and or server IP\'s, then at the top of that menu go to Tools, then Open Ship Catalog Manager. When it opens click import and it should by default have you looking inside your Starmade folder where you put your file. Find the name of the file you downloaded and put in there and click it. It will NOT show up on list right away but don\'t worry. Close the client fully and re-open it (if you want when you open the Open Ship Catalog Manager now it should show the name of your import). Next start up your game in whatever mode you play in (ive tested this on single player, public servers, and a private hamachi server and it worked on all). After you are in game travel to any shop. When within shop range open up the menu (using \"I\" \"B\" or \"N\" whichever you prefer) then click the Catalog tab.

THIS is where most people don\'t put instruction. When in the Catalog tab you will see 3 tabs INSIDE Catalog near the top of the menu \"Personal\" \"Available\" and \"Admin\" GO TO Personal and on the top right of that Personal Catalog you will see a green \"Upload entry from local\" button. Click that and it will ask you to type in the name of the ship you want to import (all of the available ships should be in [----]

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    it was easy for me... did you save the ships to desktop then open ship folder and put them in? if not do that and see that should work.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    On ubuntu the .sment came up as a zipped folder, so I extracted it, put the folder in the bluprints folder (Same as the default ship there... Isanth-V or something like that).

I can\'t find the \"Catalogue\" tab though....

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I know where they go... Into the AI catalog list. Just saw the Arcanov-Battleship go past with a few isanths arond it... oh s***

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Whenever I get to the import menu I click the file of the blueprint I want, but it only gives me an option to open not import

Reaction score
    for some reason the files are always smd2 not sment. i tryed to imort them anywa and it came up with an error