How do I become Admin in Single Player

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I don't know if this question has been asked but I looked and I couldn't find any topics about becoming admin. I've made several ships, large ships at that but some way or another I keep losing them. Either by getting killed by pirates and spawning several sectors away and I never see them again or them suddenly disappearing. I tried typing down commands but I keep getting Errors, I typed "list_admins" and all I get is "Admins: [] " and that's it. Is there a way where I can go to make myself an admin or am I an admin already it's just that the commands I've been using are just garbage? Thanks if you've replied with a helpful reply, that's if people actually reply.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I can\'t tell you how to become admin but I can help you with your pirate problem, load your ship up with a ton of missiles and you\'ll typically take them out in one shot, quite literally I\'ve made ships that destroy the pirates so thoroughly that only the core remains after one missile. loads of shields help too.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I already did that, the last large ship I made had pretty big guns, with 8 long barreled SB Missiles and 6 Cannons also long barreled, and a large Salvage Cannon on the bottom of the cockpit. Also 4 turrets who I had finally got to work, I got attacked by several pirates, I locked onto them and wham bam they are dead. A docking station for an extra salvage/repair ship and on top of that another docking station for a Pirate base infiltrator. I had large thrusters to move that behemoth and a large area of the ship that was made entirely of power unites. It took me all day to make that ship and it was still incomplete, but I needed money so I had attacked another pirate base by using my infiltrator but there were other pirate ships there and my main ship was too far away, so...I died. I had placed a respawn block on an asteroid that was really close to the pirate base, but when I respawned my ship was gone but the base was still there. That\'s why I need help becoming admin so I can get all of the blocks to make that stupid ship again.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Yea well it doesn\'t look like it cause every command I put I get an error, so I\'m either putting down the wrong commands or something, *sigh* I\'ll go re-make my stupid ship again, maybe I\'ll make it bigger. If anyone knows what my problem is please tell me, I\'m tired of losing ships.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    You need to whitelist yourself then you should be good to go, put your name in whitelist.txt.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    ok you should probally add turrets i added some tto a ship and they didn\'t have any special thing i just made them kinda like the gins on the isanth iv and the blast away pirates even when im not there (if you need to learn how go here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aJX8TyZGUYU and that should help btw it dosne\'t talk it has words in a bubble this helped me make my turret do what he says and then when i comes to build block don\'t use it if it\'s part of your ship) hope this helps thanks and if it does let me know :D

Reaction score
    Servers with no admins in a list = everyones a admin that means singleplayer will have anyone that joins becomes a admin.

Reaction score
    You can make a Dedicated Server and become admin there.

To connect to your Dedicated Server you can use your IPv4(or normal IP) and add the port 4242 at the end. Like: 12.34.542.599:4242 .. To find out your IPv4 you can use Hamatchi and just right click on your IP name and click \"Copy IPv4 address\".

Then you can use all the admin commands. And some commands will require the item ID\'s. (All admin commands might work just as fine in singelplayer.. But i never play SP myself, so i\'m not sure.)

In your StarMade folder you will find a text document named \"admins\". Type your nick in there. If you wish to add a friend to the admin list, just jump one row down and add his nick. Etc.

If you at one time want to rent a server you can move your universe to the new host, by copying the server files(look at the new host file list to see which files should be pasted over) and pasting it on the new host. This file transfer can be done through FileZilla if your server host allows FTP.

By default the server config doesn\'t have whitelist turned on. So it shouldn\'t be required(or make a difference to you) that you put your nick in the whitelist.txt. But you can find the whitelist text document in the StarMade folder.

/ Kitts

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    Please people.

This thread is pretty much closed.

Reaction score
    Lerone

Wed, 10/09/2013 - 02:01

I think the new informative posts serves an purpose for this guy.. And other people with the same problem will also find the information hopefully helpful.

I assume he used the search function instead of starting a new thread with the same topic. +1 on Lerone for that.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    Go to your StarMade folder, open up the admins.txt, and add your name EXACTLY, with correct capitalization and such.