how can I get my old world back using the backup? xp

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    look, for some reasons I wanted to have the Starmade-starter on my desktop so I simply moved it from my downloads folder, but when I Launched it at the desktop, it said that it couldn't find an installation at /Users/download/starmade, so I foolishly let it redownload a new version, thinking it was simply updating. of course I now had to start in a new universe and all my shit is gone. I have no idea how to get it back but I figgured I could use the backup folders, but I haven't got it to work even though I see some of my old blueprints in the bluprint files.

So basically I need someone to slowly explain to me how I can get my old singleplayer server back using the backup, as dumb as it may sound. Thanks

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • TwitchCon 2015
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Did you overwrite your old files with the ones in the backup zip?

Reaction score
    Look for where the Starmade launcher previously was. It always makes a folder StarMade\\ in same place, in this case it made new StarMade folder on your desktop. You can\'t customize where it saves all its things, always same place the launcher is.

Now what i\'d do is move the launcher back to where it was. Then right-click drag the launcher to desktop to make new shortcut to it.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I found it agin, in a Starmade folder where the launcher previously was in the download folder, thanks!