Home - My first battleship.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Just finished my new ship. It's pretty huge and it's taken me a few days, especially having to learn the place mass blocks function and all that jazz.

Currently it's got 7 turrets and 3 docked vessels, plan to add some more tomorrow.

Any thoughts on the design? I'm pretty satisfied, although I'm not sure about the sides and the hangars.

Reaction score
    That looks fuckin\' awesome. Much cooler than my battleship. I especially like how you\'ve designed your docked ships to match the battleship (or vice versa). Very stylish, very cool. Hangars seem a bit small for my taste, but if you can squeeze in there, more power to you. Don\'t know what you mean about the sides.

Also, I just realized those four cannon looking things are actual cannons. Man. Do you actually plan to fire with those? How long does she take to turn to face a target?

Reaction score
    Wow. That looks way cooler then my battleship (which has a mass of just more then 1600, so really it is barely a battleship), which is just a large cylinder filled (almost) to the brim with shields, AMCs, and missiles. On the far right of the picture, on the inside of the hangar, it looks like there are more AMC\'s. Is that true, or is it just a trick of the light?

Reaction score
    When you are done, could you like a download? I really want to explore it and try it out! Also, how do you use the multi block placing thing and the symmetry options under the crontrol menu? I\'m kind of a noob, and I really want to learn.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    She moves like a beast, I\'ll put up a picture so you can see the thrusters, she accelerates faster than the docked ships (hits 50 in just under 2 seconds) however she\'s a \'lil slow on the turn but the main cannons are only meant to be a counter to other battleships, the turrets, destroyers and light fighters carried by the ship is meant to handle any small vessels trying to attack me.

Yeah man, of course I\'ll put it up as a download. I need to redesign the power systems (Could use the help of someone with a knack for designing massive power systems) and I\'ve got some more interior bits that\'ll need some finishing first. I\'ll put up a few extra pictures too, since people seem to like it.

At the far right inside the hangar there is another ship like the one on the left. Underneath the hangars however there are AMC turrets which is about 2/3rds the length of the hangar.

The AMC\'s are treated as different cannons, but they rapid fire and do over 1200 damage so they pack a pretty punch. Drains power systems pretty quickly but I haven\'t been able to put up a shield system (No matter how large I\'ve made \'em) that can take more than a salve or two from \'em. Then the 5 missile turrets just go to town.

Anyway, more photos:

Reaction score
    Very nice! Makes me want to finish my titan.

Again, very nice!

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Well, I put down a ship core and a faction block next to eachother, put the yz between and then build a skeleton on one side which will of course be mirrored on the other side, however I do not use more symmetry than that, as I feel the ships turn out way boxy and too similar on all sides if you use too much.

The mass block function is just as simple, you choose what axis you want your mass blocks to go , for the main cannons I used X:3 Y:4 Z:10 and first put down a row of one block in the same height and width by hand, moved my camera way forward and held in control while I put down huge blocks of AMC\'s with every click.

It\'s really hard to explain but if you just try it out enough eventually you\'ll get the hang of it and you\'ll do it often. I still like placing blocks one by one though, if I\'m doing something complicated.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    This is the design of the docked vessels, currently two of the above and one of the below (The one docked inside the belly of the ship.)

Thanks for all the nice words and encouragement guys, makes me want to work more on the thing, even though it\'s drained quite a bit of time already :D

Reaction score
    Do you have an estimate of the damage per second that the giant AMC cannons do? Also, just wondering if the power is stable on that beast (can you shoot for long periods of time without the power lowering too much)?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Unfortunately as of now it is not capable of sustained fire. It can fire all main batteries for 2 seconds then I need 6 seconds of recharge to reach maximum capacity.

And no, I\'ve got no estimate, but I tore through an asteroid in one burst though.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I haven\'t finished the interior yet.

As soon as I do I will upload it.

Got 3 compartments yet to finish, and one of them is pretty big.