Read by Council Holosens Integration

Lone_Puppy

Me, myself and I.
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Hi Schema, Schine,

Will there be Microsoft Hololens integration as with the Oculus Rift?
    It would be most cool to actually explore our creations, planets, galaxies and universes the way demo'd with the new Minecraft for Hololens.

Multi-player would be so awesome too, with epic advantures played out all around you.

therimmer96

The Cake Network Staff Senior button unpusher
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    • Top Forum Contributor
    As a simple 3rd party ship viewer sure, but for the game? Nope. Even the demo they used for minecraft was mostly just a viewer. it would mean buying atleast 1 of $3000 dev kits.

I'd rather them spend the time getting Vive support, which is actually shipping soon, and is built for this kinda stuff.

Lone_Puppy

Me, myself and I.
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Man, that pic is mesmerizing, and a little disturbing! :)

Sorry therimmer96, but I find that view a little short sighted.

The demo is just that. Naturally limited to provide the spark of possibility in the minds of the attendees and viewers of the video.
    The Hololens is augmented reality tech. A completely different ball game to VR style headsets. It provides direct interaction with your environment.

The possibilities I can see for this would be things like;
    • Having your local game play extend around you in your house, say the sector your in or a 360 viewable distance around you that you can walk through would be awesome. You could have the ship you're in always in front, above in front or wherever you place it.
    • Or have the entire room filled with the sector, with the centre of the sector at the centre of the room. Like in the Expanse episode 3 where
      Detective Josephus Miller went 3D on his mobile in his apartment to show the flight path of Julie Mao.
    • Even the demo view with the sector on the table. Come on, how cool would that be? Walking around the whole thing.
    • Have the inside of the ship you're in projected around you, where you can place chairs in the room where the chairs in the ship are positioned. So, you can have friends, family or whoever playing in your lounge on your ship collaboratively in game.
    Just a handful of scenarios I wish I could do now.
    With VR headsets, you couldn't hope to coordinate such game play without people falling all over stuff and each other.

I think it would be well invested in integrating it, if minecraft has it. After all, if minecraft players start using the production model on mass, they will definitely take a look at moving to Starmade as opposed to any other voxel based game. Whoever is the first, will gain that mass of players who become accustom to the technology.

I had hoped Google Glass would have gone in this direction, but that turned into a sad let down.