Holo-Mode for Creative Station Building.

Edymnion

Carebear Extraordinaire!
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    So I am currently building a large station in single player creative mode with the intent to blueprint it and then get to work filling the blueprint in order to spawn it on my online server.

Thing is, it's boring for me to be on single player with no one to talk to, not to mention the need to split time between the two halves in order to keep my faction points up.

I'd love to be able to work on the station on the server so I could chat, and to be able to have the station hook into my stores so I could add blocks to it as I go.

So yeah, creative hologram build mode for stations?

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    You beat me to it. With the cargo changes I was going to suggest some kind of station builder, basicly a mobile shipyard that can only build bases for game balance reasons (a baseyard?). Which would of course include your suggestion. Also dealing with the fact that building space stations is going to get a lot harder with the cargo changes.

Reactions: MacThule

alterintel

Reaction score
    • Likeable
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    I did a search in the forums, and I think I found the best description of a "Design Computer" that can make blueprints without an attached shipyard.
    nightwalker_007 had the best idea (I think) here: Design computer for both star bases and ships

His basic idea is that it's a computer that can be put anywhere, and doesn't need to be connected to a shipyard. When you enter the computer it takes you to a test sector where you can build to your hearts content. Then save it to a blueprint. I like it :)

Granted it's not as flashy as a shipyard, but it's allot more useful if you only want to save your blueprint. Then you can take your blueprint to the starter station to build it. :)

StormWing0

Leads the Storm
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    I had a Construction Yard idea floating around for this as well. In any case it'd be nice to have something like this for building a station. :)

Reaction score
    I did a search in the forums, and I think I found the best description of a "Design Computer" that can make blueprints without an attached shipyard.
    nightwalker_007 had the best idea (I think) here: Design computer for both star bases and ships

His basic idea is that it's a computer that can be put anywhere, and doesn't need to be connected to a shipyard. When you enter the computer it takes you to a test sector where you can build to your hearts content. Then save it to a blueprint. I like it :)

Granted it's not as flashy as a shipyard, but it's allot more useful if you only want to save your blueprint. Then you can take your blueprint to the starter station to build it. :)
    Yeah, that's actually a really good idea as well. I think they should give us both!