higher tier ores wtf

Reaction score
    hey, can anyone explain to me factories?

I got the generatl idea of how to use them but I'm confused as to how do I turn lower teir ores to higher tier?

I understand that you needed to have a miniral seperator before the update but what about now? do you have to some how find 10000 higher tier ores to get the recipe?

Reaction score
    Hi,

To convert lower tier ores into higher tier ores; buy a \"refine \" recipe from any ship to suit the type of ore, put the recipe in the top row of a factory input\'s inventory (it won\'t work in any other row). Next you need to put the low tier or in the same factory input, or link that factory input to a different factory input that contains the lower tier ore.

Once that\'s done it should work if the factory has enough power. You can watch your power storage in build mode to determine if there\'s enough power regen and power storage (note: you need 5 times as much storage as regen because all factories take power at the same time every 5 seconds).

Of course this is StarMade, so \"should work\" means that it\'s probably buggy. In this case I think the recipe you get is supposed to convert 10 lower tier ores into 1 higher tier ore, but it actually converts 10000 lower tier ores into 1 higher tier ore; which means that you lose a massive amount of wealth by converting. From what I\'ve heard this bug has existed since the ratio of lower to higher tier ores was changed from 10000:1 to 10:1 a few releases ago.

Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Councillor Gold
    The coarsing rate was changed to 1:10 but the refine rate was not adjusted