Hide Crew from Ship HUD

Valiant70

That crazy cyborg
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    It'd be nice if we didn't get eaten by computers when we used them. Keeping the body visible and in place would greatly aid immersion. On the other hand, leaving a physical astronaut body sitting out there during battle also leaves an HUD blip that screams "KILL ME WITH RAILGUNS!!!"

What I suggest is this: When an astronaut is aligned to a ship, hide said astronaut's HUD icon from everyone else except those aligned to the same ship. You can still see who is on a ship by selecting it in the Nav menu. However, you cannot see where someone is on the ship. This will prevent critical locations within the ship (such as the bridge and CIC) from being highlighted for attackers.

Yeah, I guess you could send a scout over to board the ship and tell you approximately where the crew is... wait, did you say "board the ship?!" Yep. That's fair game. Boarding the ship is a fair trade for being able to target the crew (and you. Just be careful not to blow your own heroic scout up in the process.

Reactions: MacThule
    Reaction score
    OK this is a very good idea. It makes a lot of sense that if a character is aligned to a ship that they wouldn't be visible with out scanners of some kind.

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Agreed... Honestly though, players should not be on radar at all unless they have something like a Radar Beacon item active... Instead, we should get floaty names above heads that are only visible from nearby, like Minecraft's.

Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Likeable
    I agree with the OP as regards the navigation panel, but I think an actual scan should reveal the names of the crew :)

Reactions: ltmauve