Help!!!

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Hi, I registered my account last night and then downloaded the starter. Every time I load it, I am able to open the setup menu and press 'OK'. The smaller window opens as though it is loading and the server manager opens. Then it pops up woth a window- either telling me to terminate 'javaw.exe.', the pixels are not formatted of that there is a crtical error.

I really don's know what has happened, so any help would be appreciated.

NOTE: I have Windows Vista Ultimate

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    an odd difficulty. Given that you haven\'t posted what you have done troubleshooting wise here is the steps I would take:

1. Make sure Starmade is set to run as administrator - can be done on the exe or shortcut you made by r-clicking and choosing properties then going to compatibility and checking \"run as administrator\".

2. Try running in compatibility mode for Windows XP sp3

3. Update Java

4. Update video drivers

5. Make sure you dont have an intel video card of a series less than 3000

6. Verify that Java runs as administrator (same as 1 but on the Javaw.exe). Vista can be a bit pissy about applications that try to use certain resources without administrative rights.

7. delete the starmade folder and rerun the starmade updater.

8. Make sure that the folder that you run the updater in is able to be written to (not write protected) - Properties of folder, down at bottom uncheck write protected.

Reaction score
    Let this be recorded, that anything that contains \"Pixel Format Error\" is a lack of driver issue.
    \"the pixels are not formatted of that there is a crtical error.\"
    Pixel Format Error is usually when the GCard cannot interpret that format of a render style. In this case, it\'s OpenGL, which works differently from DirectX. Automatically, GCards understand DirectX to a very low level. A Driver is pretty much the Rosetta Stone. It allows the Graphics Card to understand what the code is asking for.