Help with Logic?

Reaction score
    I was hoping someone could help me resolve some issues I'm having with logic, as my system isn't working like i wanted it to and I'm unsure as to why.

{x}
    From A to F, that is the connection progression.
    First the trigger, should be both "C"s and "E", opening the hatches.
    Then, when i toggle it, by pressing "A" once more, both "D1"s and "F1" should trigger to close the hatches.

The hatch is in three pieces, and one of the them needs to trigger separately from the other two so it fits into place.

The problem is that it the Opening "C"s only trigger sometimes, even when the Opening "E" still triggers. It's one in three toggles at best.

I would really appreciate the help. It's a kinda important detail to my new super secret project.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Hmm from what you said.

Button connected to Flip Flop. Flip Flop connected to delay. Delay connected to not. Not connected to And. Button also connected to And. And connected to C and E. Delay connected to And2. Button Connected to And2. And2 connected to D1 and F1. And2 connected to flip flop to reset.
    You need to push the button a couple of times to setup the circuit. So don't have it connected to the doors first until setup. Push button to turn on the flip flop and activate A and C. Press button again to activate D1 and F1 and reset the circuit.

Reaction score
    the flip flop only toggles on a high.

if you trigger the system by manually toggling the FF, does it work?

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    The circuit I wrote in only uses the flip flop to record the fact that you have pressed the button already. The and functions are interacting with that and the button presses to determine which set of switches to activate.

Reaction score
    yes but first button press will turn on a FF

then next button press will turn off a FF
    do you have a BP i could load in?

Calhoun

Part-time God
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Thinking Positive
    If you show me a picture of the door itself I might be able to help a bit more.

Reaction score
    i dont have a blueprint, but i should be able to take another pic of the door in a bit.
    [doublepost=1471487986,1471487912][/doublepost]And thank you all, I will try the suggest circuit in a bit. Not able to atm.

Calhoun

Part-time God
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Thinking Positive
    i dont have a blueprint, but i should be able to take another pic of the door in a bit.
    [doublepost=1471487986,1471487912][/doublepost]And thank you all, I will try the suggest circuit in a bit. Not able to atm.
    OK, I'll wait for a pic. Just a bit hard to work out the details without seeing what it is you want exactly.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    I did create all the links I mentioned in my first post and tested it.

Does this explain it better. The flip flop just remembers if its the first press or the second.
    Depending on the flip flop a press of the button will activate A/C or D1/F1.

List of links

Button > Flip Flop > Delay > Not > AND1 > A/C

Delay > AND2 > D1/F1

Button > AND1

Button > AND2

I had to redo due to the loss of spacing. So their Delay goes to Not and AND2. Button has 3 links total. To FF and AND1 and AND2.

This should solve what he requested assuming the request was for the first button press to activate A/C and the second button press should activate D1/F1 and reset the circuit. If there is another step is required it wasn't mentioned.

Reaction score
    Oh, also, Mork, could you just give me a run done of why you have that circuit set up that way, so i can continue to learn Logic and be able to apply those ideas you presented to future projects?

Edit: Thank you Mork! Yes, there is a third step, but that is easily tacked onto the existing circuit you mentioned with some delays.

Calhoun

Part-time God
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Thinking Positive
    I'm still trying to work out why you need delays. It's far less likely to jam if you use activation modules as state checkers.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Okay. Try to break logic down into the inputs and the output commands.

The flip flop allows you to store button pushes.

The ANDs are just need to meet all these conditions and activate whatever is connected.

So before the first press of the button the FF is off and the Not is On so when you press the push button On signals go to AND1 (Not is already on) and activate A/C. There is a delay between the FF and the Not to allow that to happen. Now that the button is pressed FF is on and the NOT goes off making sure that AND1 can't go on any more. AND2 now has one on input through the delay from the FF.

The second pushbutton hit will activate AND2 because now both inputs to it are On. Which then activates D1/F1. The FF turns off and the delay gets around to going off to the AND2. This will also reset the NOT to on resetting the circuit.

You need the delay for sequencing. This allows the circuit to do the command then setup the changes to accept the next command. Without it you have the issue of things going on and off at the same time and depending on starmades programming which activates first will change the results. They don't change at the same time. It has to happen in some sequence and one command might get done before another.

If the FF turns on and the Not reverses to off when you press the button before AND1 activates then A/C will never work. Your not sure which command logic will get activated first without the delay built in to sequence things.

Last edited:

Calhoun

Part-time God
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Thinking Positive
    As I said, it's less prone to jams if you use activation modules on the rails, link em to an AND and go from there. Unless I'm not following you at all which is quite possible today.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Well when I checked the picture link and the text with it, it read like he was using a button to control it so I designed it to use what he was already using to activate it.

Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Purchased!
    I was hoping someone could help me resolve some issues I'm having with logic, as my system isn't working like i wanted it to and I'm unsure as to why.

{x}
    From A to F, that is the connection progression.
    First the trigger, should be both "C"s and "E", opening the hatches.
    Then, when i toggle it, by pressing "A" once more, both "D1"s and "F1" should trigger to close the hatches.

The hatch is in three pieces, and one of the them needs to trigger separately from the other two so it fits into place.

The problem is that it the Opening "C"s only trigger sometimes, even when the Opening "E" still triggers. It's one in three toggles at best.

I would really appreciate the help. It's a kinda important detail to my new super secret project.
    Can you please explain what is suposed that logic circuit do? maybe it can be more easy to build