Help with a ship.

Reaction score
    • Councillor 3 Gold
    • Wired for Logic
    • Top Forum Contributor
    I'd say go ahead and do it. The Hawk looks good and sounds effective base on the description (I don't have time to check it out first hand). I love ships that looks like they belong in the same fleet. The only suggestion I can pass on though is try to think of something unique to add to the larger ship so it doesn't just look like a bigger copy. I'm still struggling with this myself so I can't really give any direct ideas but you'll think of something that works for your fleet.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    Well its allready a fairly good hull shape, so you're ok there. With a larger version you'll obviously have more room for purely asthetic details, so keep that in mind as you go. Also think about engines, theres not much you can do with the one you have there, but a larger ship could have some good looking engines. In my opinion, engines are a major failing with small ships, which is why i allways show exposed thruster blocks if i dont have room for a decent engine design.
    Also bigger means more turrets :)

Reaction score
    Cool thanks, I'll get started this evening. Sven, Thanks to the shape of it it doesn't need much power or thruster blocks, so the rest is shields and weapons.

Reaction score
    • Councillor 3 Gold
    • Wired for Logic
    • Top Forum Contributor
    I tried out the Hawk both in combat and against and I've got a little advice. DPS isn't everything, while shotguns are great and maximize the pain you can dish out this means nothing if you cannot hit your target. A couple of longer range guns mixed in would work really well.

It took forever to chew threw the shields with my Goshawk Heavy Fighter but the longer range cannons allowed me to fire from relative safety. I did take one or two hits when I got too close and it just chewed up my right wing but a few maneuvers and I was out of range again.

Also if the core was buried in the ship more it would have survived longer, that sheet of plex glass didn't offer much protection once the shields did (FINALLY) fail

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    That a pretty nice ship there. I think it looks really neat with the texture pack that I am working on.

Reaction score
    You'll like the new version then. I've ironed out most of the bumpy bits at the back, all while increasing shield cap, thrust and adding some weak but longer range weapons, to get those goshawks that are slightly too far away. I've also hardened the cockpit so it can take a bit more of a pounding with the shields down.

I'll upload it later today.

Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    You'll like the new version then. I've ironed out most of the bumpy bits at the back, all while increasing shield cap, thrust and adding some weak but longer range weapons, to get those goshawks that are slightly too far away. I've also hardened the cockpit so it can take a bit more of a pounding with the shields down.

I'll upload it later today.
    Awesome, cant wait to see it. And just wondering but what do you think of it with my texture pack?

Reaction score
    Next update has been delayed because of Symmetry bugs :(