Help Pirates

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Hello, just found this game this morning and I don't know how it has eluded me for so long! It's a combination of my two favorite games (eve online and minecraft) but I have found it impossible to do really much of anything because of the pirate ships. So far I have only been on private servers but in each and every one I end up without a ship and without any credits. No matter what I do I can only get my ship to reach 50 km/h, bearly faster than the rats, but I can never out run and loose them. >.<

' my current strategy is to mine out the near by asteroids and buy every single shield modul my shop has (usually about 300-400) also tossing in as much firepower and energy I can afford and coating it all in hull. And yet every single time I die after attracting 20-30 rats. I am brand new to this game so if there is anyone who could maybe tell me what I'm doing wrong that would be awesome!

Reaction score
    Hello and welcome!

The 50 speed limit you see you can\'t surpass on a given server - server admins set speed limits and nothing can change that, you can\'t outrun them. What you can do is build a permanently cloaked ship (you can build seriously large permacloaked ships, especially for a beginner).

Then you can fly around mining safely until you can afford a faction module, claim a station, set it as a home base and put a couple of turrets ontop of it. That way next time you encounter pirates you can just run back to your base and let it do all the work.

Or if you are feeling particularly brave and/or pirates are not particularly large, feel free to blow them up yourself, although cloaking ships are generally fairly weak.

Reaction score
    It should be at the very first shop, actually. Unless you are supremely unlucky or server is... odd.

Keep in mind the following things:

The wider your power reactor is in an axis - the more power it produces (your best bet is to expand in 3 directions)

Whenever you \"short out\" the reactor its power production will drastically decrease (keep it simple and avoid generators touching one another more than from 3 sides.

You don\'t need more than one cloaker and jammer. (cloaker stealths you, jammer removes the romboid indicator from your core).

That means you need both to be invisible to players, but one will suffice for pirates (I don\'t remember which).

Power consumtion is 100 power/second per block for cloaker and additional 50 power/second per block for jammer.

Also, you will not see your ship cloak when you cloak it, but it will be fully invisible to others.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    The cloak works against the rats \\o/ I have not been on a public server yet tho

and I know a bit about bad luck shops!! XD after I lost my first ship I spawned back at the shop to get started again with the cloak only to find out that my shop ha no thrusters in stock! I slow boated for hours trying to find another shop, going about 9-10 kms. I eventually had to spawn some in... Still no shop haha