Help for game bug

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Just wondering if any one else has this issue

Im running on linux mint, and was able to play starmade fine, untill about 3 - 4 weeks ago. After an update for the game, it no longer works,

I want to get a error dump but also there is none. I can open the launcher, but when i click StartGame, the launcher closes, and thats it... nothing else happens.

I have done the following

uninstalled, reinstalled, redownloaded the launcher, check java, uninstalled java, re installed java, uninstalled graphics rivers, reinstalld graphics drivers, and then removed all of the above and put all back and tried different combinations. All end at the same problem.

If im missing something i dont know what im missing, but im at the point where im about to go an reinstall my OS from scratch to see if it fixes issue. Any input would be a great help.

regards,

tempest.

Reaction score
    It sounds like game bug was introduced in that update. Could you somehow pull up Java console and see what it says?

About the error dumps, did you really check the logs/ folder?

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    yes already looked in logs folder, here is the odd thing... i have a starmade server running useing the dedicated server script for linux, people can connect to that. But from the launcher clicking start game does nothing but close the launcher and hence, no logs, even if i stop the dedicated server, still the same thing.

If i try to make a dedicated server from the launcher, the same thing happens, launcher closes, and then nothing..

I dont know how to pull up the console which i was actually looking for so i could see if there is any error msg when i do it.. if you can point to where to look, I will post as much info as need be.

regards

Tempest.