hello everyone reading this post,

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    I'm not very new with this game, I played this since Yogscast posted a video about it on youtube. I play it for quite a time now and I love seeing the progress the game have already maked but I still have some ideas about the design of the game. I already made some sketches of some little ideas of me and I'm willing to post them on a later date.

I Also read many post about people saying like 'hey I can toy around with java really well' and most of the time the staff people reacted 'Schema won't hire you' so I'm willing to do this work as vulonteer. So you can't tell me: 'schema won't hire you' 'cause I want to do this for free.

hopefully someone of the headstaff will read my post and react.
    I hope I didn't waste you're time and that you maybe will give me a chance.

pupklin

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I think they\'re fine for ideas. Strictly speaking, if you want to be hired by anyone, even for free as a volunteer, you need to put your best foot forward. From this post, if we considered it like a covering letter for a CV for a more conventional job offer, there are three things I would note that would probably put the application into the bin, ignored.

1. Spelling Errors. Volunteer is not spelled vulonteer. You have no capitalisation on the first line of most sentences, you have multiple words missing to make sentences flow properly (for example \"I played this since\" would make more grammatical sense as \"I have played this since\"). Also you mean your instead of you\'re. You\'re is You are. You said \"I hope I didn\'t waste your time\" and \"I hope I didn\'t waste you are time\" makes no sense unless you are speaking to the anthropomorphic personification of time itself.
    2. Just what are your skills? In a proper letter, it\'d probably attatch to your CV, so there\'d be no problem, and I wouldn\'t recommend you put your CV into a public forum due to the fact that we could probably use the information to do data theft and identity theft, but you don\'t really sell yourself beyond saying \"I have ideas and have sketched them, will tell you more later\". Does this look appealing to you? Every game dev has a billion and one ideas coming all the time, heck, that\'s why they put a Suggestions section on their forums pretty much invariably, so fans of the game can do the brainstorming for them! From this introductory post, you don\'t really explain what you bring to the table at all, and I, as someone with no connection to the staff running this game, and no game development experience, would probably not even give this more than a quick look.
    3. You didn\'t even read the stickied post at the top of the Introduce Yourself forum, now did you? Stickied posts are there so you read them. Here, read it and weep. http://star-made.org/content/read-making-tester-application You have to prove yourself, without calling attention to that fact, that you care for the community, know about the game, and are likely to stick around. Even as a volunteer, this would still apply. If you can make yourself a pillar of our community, who understands how the game works from the outsider\'s perspective, and have some kind of skill, they\'d probably consider you, but as you are, you ain\'t got nothing they need right now.

Hopefully that helps. I don\'t mean to be mean, I just get a bit sad when I see people apply for any kind of job, even a volunteer one, and fail to recognise what they would actually need to do to get the position they want.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    thanks telling me this,

I know my english kinda sucks but I\'m working on it. I\'m from belgium wich mean I learn english at school but only the basic english, so my grammar isn\'t that good I know and my spelling isn\'t great at all although I know the difference between your and you\'re I still make those errors but I\'m working on it.

And to answer your point wich you made at \'3\' I did accually read that post but I made this post so the headstaff now I\'m here and I really want to help them with new ideas/designs.

but anyway thanks for telling me HadrasVorshoth I really appreciate it and I hope my next post will be without any grammatical errors.

pupklin