Has there been any official news on steam since May?

Reaction score
    I assume I'm just a sick twisted bastard but I'm really looking forward to this game on Steam. It must be due to my sick twisted nature of wanting to see how fast my life goes to waste through the steam played time on Starmade.

I would assume though they might want to increase the price for the game if they were to release it on steam and that they need to do and deserve. But I can see them wanting to still finish a few things off before.

But either way any news?

Here was the quote:

http://steamcommunity.com/workshop/...48867/846957366793965813/#c540741131105165541

Criss

Social Media Director
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Video Genius
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    Chances are there will be more publicity after the next major update. Which is the Universe restructure. Aside from that they just need the big features in the game and relatively accepted by the public before they go full publicity. I can't wait either but the timing needs to be right. We will want quick updates when steam comes around. The big features eat up too much time.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    I think the developers would want to wait to release the game on steam when things are to the point where a new player can start or jump on a server and immediately have something to do, like take a mission. Maybe even have a couple starter ships lined up to purchase right next to the shop. Like a basic fighter, miner, or freighter. That way a new player can get a good feeling for the game without having to jump into ship building right away. I know the first time I played I had no idea how to build a ship that could defeat pirates and it was pretty frustrating.

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    If I was deliberately trying to develop the most evil piece of software in the world, I'd probably try to merge a root-kit with a spambot and end up with an intrusive piece of pure evil that constantly rams adverts into the user's face (just like Steam).

Reaction score
    No way is this game anywhere near ready to be released on Steam or anywhere. And I say that as a huge fan of this game. Such a huge fan, I want it to sell gazillions of copies. And to do that, there needs to be less things wrong with it.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    No way is this game anywhere near ready to be released on Steam or anywhere. And I say that as a huge fan of this game. Such a huge fan, I want it to sell gazillions of copies. And to do that, there needs to be less things wrong with it.
    Yeah, there are lots of bugs and so many major features that still need implementing.

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Wait for bugfixes, AI and quest features, shipyards, and the UI revamp. Then I'l bet we'll be seeing quite a bit of "official news" regarding Steam.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    Wait for bugfixes, AI and quest features, shipyards, and the UI revamp. Then I'l bet we'll be seeing quite a bit of "official news" regarding Steam.
    There are about 190 bugs in queue, of which 37 are trivial. So there are quite a lot.

And as for steam, well, noooooooooooooo! I like this community :(
    Maybe players who have an account now can have their own special forum section.

But it is of course fun to get more players, but did it have to be steam users? I don't know how many times they complained that they can't play the game while there was a FREE alpha build available here.

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    i think starmade won't launch at steam until beta. Beta is a big step from alpha, in alpha we can look forward for big updates as the team is keep searching for the best way to build starmade and make it fun. A lot of ideas had been given out from us, the best points from our discussion will be part of the game, because the game is still "growing". From what I saw, heard and remember. There are at least 4 to 5 major game changing feature on the waiting list: quest system, shipyard, ai, hyper-drive, directional thrust. After finish all these, the game should turn into beta, which is public stress test for bug fixing. New feature update will become less in beta.(this is what other games do, but for Schema, who knows how a super cat think, right?:p)

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    I can add a few more things to your list @Gamel . You forgot about the creature system and NPC factions.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    Avoid Steam like the plague that it is. Continue to develop the game properly, at your pace, and not at that foisted on you by corporate stooges. Independent developers cease to be so when associating with Steam or any other conglomerate.

Boycott Steam, if you are wise and value independence.

Winterhome

Way gayer than originally thought.
    Reaction score
    If you want to put it on Steam, do so when the full release hits, not just the beta, I'd say.

It needs to be a complete game before the Steam userbase will be happy with it, and even then, they'll complain.

Reactions: Ithirahad
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    I just feel that the 200 bugs or so need to be fixed before it gets released. That and there need to be NPC factions, and the turning speed and thrust mechanics need to be changed too.

Reaction score
    I just feel that the 200 bugs or so need to be fixed before it gets released. That and there need to be NPC factions, and the turning speed and thrust mechanics need to be changed too.
    I wouldn't necessarily say "all 200 bugs need to be fixed". On one hand there's probably an additional 200 bugs that haven't been reported yet; and on the other hand it's not really necessary to fix some of the minor/trivial problems before release.

Also, I suspect there are still some major features that Schema is planning to implement (e.g. new NPC stations, fuel, quests, more creatures, fuel, better economy/trading guild shops, fuel, hyper-drives, fuel, etc ;) ); and most of these should probably be implemented (and any new bugs they come with fixed) before release.

Reaction score
    Something to watch out for as well is what I call Early Access Fatigue. People are beginning to be very wary of EA titles, usually after being burnt on 2 or 3 questionable games. Hit Steam when you are satisfied you have a complete, polished game.

-Eddy