Has there been a change to weapon energy use lately?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Purchased!
    I have a couple of ships I haven't used much in the last month or so that I took out for a spin today. Both were well balanced in power, so that they wouldn't run out of energy even under maximum draw.

The first ship has one multiple missile launcher and one cannon for hard points. I can fire the missiles without running out of power, but I could no longer fire the cannon because I was informed I didn't have enough energy.

The second ship has one multiple missile launcher turret and one dual-cannon turret. Again, the ship used to be able to run all systems at once and would dip to about 1/3 power when the missiles launched. The recovery rate, however, was such that it would easily recharge to full before the missiles could reload. Now, when the missiles fire the system completely drains and takes a great deal of time recovering.

I would add that both ships were imported from blueprints when we reset our server to incorporate the new bases. If there hasn't been a change to power use, I'm wondering if there could be a bug where imported ships aren't registering all power modules or something.

Reaction score
    Probably, yes.
    1. The support ratio was broken (since the weapons update), which made weapons with support do more damage than they should have. The fix should have reduced power consumption, though.
    2. The previous fix changed ratios, so that the amount of support modules wasn't equal to the amount of master modules, but to the amount of master plus effect modules. This fix changed it back to previous ratios.
    3. The ratio fixes screwed up everything. Some weapons did huge amounts of damage, others drew negative power, some both…
    4. There were balance changes, but only for missiles with pulse support, I believe.

So, in short, I have no idea if you picked a bad moment when you constructed your ship or if something is broken again.
    It's also possible that the server ran on custom configs which changed on server reset.

I can also tell you that there were changes made to the code which handles blueprints, but I don't think we have that kind of a bug.