Has anyone come up with a viable elevator design?

Reaction score
    OSG Corporate Headquarters had a manually operated elevator that accessed 6 floors and a rooftop landing pad. It was quite usable. Basically, it was a small ship captive on two vertical rails running the length of the shaft. Passengers were required to use the gravity module or risk being ejected. We usually left it at office level for visitors.

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    @TomansJetson You speak in past. What happened?

@Crusade
    How do you manage to have it stop exactly where you want it?

Not 1/2 block deeper or higher

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    • Modder
    • Top Forum Contributor
    Well the carriage is a ship. Using logic/plexdoors/stop beams, the car is stopped by plexdoors and a stop beam (to stop physics spazzing). 1/2 deeper or higher suggests docks are used through the entirety of this, docks are only used to simplify the alignment process of the carriage on the rail.

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    Hey, @Crusade , I'm curious how you managed to get a block into a one block gap. I have issues fitting a block into a one block space, and I'm curious how you managed to do it.

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    I guess with the jump-when-dock @Lecic
    Place a docking module in the middle of your elevator ceiling or floor and dock the elevator module with core in middle.

Nice strategy btw.

Reaction score
    The shaft was one block wider than the elevator. The guide holes were one block wider than the guide rails. I was offline unavoidably for quite a while and aparently development of the faction ceased. We were growing quite well, too. The carrage was operated manually. This was before logic blocks.

kiddan

Cobalt-Blooded Bullet Mirror
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Purchased!
    Have been playing around trying to come up with something myself, but the skills are, shall we say, "somewhat lacking"
    I realise this game is in the very early stages of development, but as these systems are pretty much an integral part of almost any starship design, thought there would be something simple in place to address this need.
    We have the "plex-lifters" for stations, and my thought was if these could be used on ships, made directional, and able to be controlled with logic....presto.....one multi-directional elevator system.
    As I said, my knowledge is fairly limited, so there maybe issues with this idea that I am unaware of, but surely there needs to be something a bit better than the "gravity lift" idea I found on you-tube, which seems to be the only option out there at the moment.
    What I have done is made an elevator shaft with a ship inside (shaft is 1x1 more wide to allow sliding of the ship). Next I added a loop that turns off when the input is off and attached it to a push effect computer, then you end up with a 2 floor elevator the turns on/off. For multiple floors you have multiple elevators.[DOUBLEPOST=1416935780,1416935580][/DOUBLEPOST]
    I've managed to create a moving elevator car and shaft system. But it's only usable on stations.

The basic setup of it is here: http://starmadedock.net/content/logic-elevator.985/

Adding in floor selection will take a bit more effort. but I should update that post when I have something more.
    Checked this out, epic! :D To make it go up/down you could have a up/down button outside the elevator that waits then activates the activator on the floor above.