Handheld transmitters and receiver blocks

Thalanor

CEO Snataris Colonial Fleetyards
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Hi all,
    while I don't know if the current implementation of the game would support such a feature, here is my suggestion just in case. A total of two items would be needed:

- Receiver block: a logic block. Activating it would prompt a GUI where you could enter a code or password ("frequency").

- Signal transmitter: An item that can be held by an astronaut (like a personal defence weapon). Using it would prompt you to a small GUI where you can enter a code/password and click "send". If there is any ship, space station or other entity in a certain radius that has a receiver block on it which has been set to that exact code, the receiver block would toggle it's output state.

Uses could be remote enabling/disabling of systems, kill switches and the like. :)

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    I wouldn't want to re-enter the code every single time. How about right-click opens a GUI, and left-click changes the activation.

Thalanor

CEO Snataris Colonial Fleetyards
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    That is of course more convenient; the gist of the suggestion is just the two items, convenience enhancing details could be added :)