Hammerburn - Medium Battleship

Reaction score
    As many others I've decided to design a nice big ship as my main battleship. I orginally planned for something huge around 200m, but stepped back to 100m. In this thread I'd just like to share the progress :)

The first actual in-game outlines. After drawing several shapes, I suddenly came up with this shape. A big central tube for massive weapon arrays, with a large back for the rest of my needs, including a hangar bay for one or more small scout ships.

My planned colourscheme will be mainly white with blue with some Ice crystals spread around. Not 100% about the second colour. I think red or simply black would make it look pretty smooth too.

More to follow. I'd like to hear thoughts and opinions :)

EDIT:

Just added a bit more flat bits to show a bit more of the actual shape. Maybe the nose is a bit too long, but it has an massive space for weapons :)

EDIT 2:

Changed the colour to Black for the main bit, looks better for me. Added most of the exterior large parts. Under the wings I added two additional big (although small than the main gun) barrels for weapons. These curve around the back to also become my thrusters :)

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I like the design very much.

Are you going to go for a massive missile launcher in the middle or a oversized cannon?

Are you going to include a launching bay for fighters so you don\'t gert completly owned by attack craft?

I say this because in my experance turrets are quite easely destroyed by a bomber or missile.

Keep up the good work!

Reaction score
    Yea, in the back there will be a docking bay, but this ship is ment to become a independent battleship. Basically, enough shields that smaller ships can\'t do much against me, so that I don\'t have to worry about small fast movers.

Obviously, I need a small ship docked in there as a scout / escape ship :)

Made some progress btw

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Very nice design. If you manage to make a few small ships with shield capacities to withstand some fire, then you can do some squadron runs. I know personally right now I am having issues with turrets not doing what I want on my ship, so I would stay away from those until they are improved. Besides, if you have a large enough section around your core in your \"bridge area\", and a hallway connecting your hangar, you can easily zip back and forth. I\'d say equip the hangar with a giant plex door that you can open and close quick enough, taht way your ships are protected from any incoming fire as well.

Keep up the good work. :)