Half Height Blocks-flat plate blocks-cover panel blocks.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    WE KNOW!!!!!!! this has been discussed on the old site. you do not need to troll by pointing this out!!!!!! the old site is dead please move on!!! and morn its passing properly it is also going to be inaccessible soon so stop bringing it up! it has been killed by the one we have now it is far and about time to move on.

the original topic originally posted by Aqui --> http://oldsite.star-made.org/content/half-blocks-and-other-variations

It was again posted originally by Lewshizz http://oldsite.star-made.org/content/half-blocks this one even had a double post on the old site too see even it had that problem.

I think it needs to be looked at in as much detail as the other concepts we have brought over, that the old site seems to be dredging from its depths of deaththrowls. a lot of things from that old site are coming back and peoples adverse reaction to this is to keep saying that has been asked before. Well no it hasn't!!!!! because they stopped talking about it over, on there for years (check the damn dates on the originals!), because it wasn't getting the traffic it deserved. I can honestly say that it wasn't due to the concepts dislike, but the old site was just so unfriendly to users they didn't look at it.

anyway rant over, this one seems to be one thing that has recently come back into popularity. my guess is that it is due partly to the Immersive Blocks mod. the other reason may be other concepts which seem like they could possibly benefit from something similar to this. let me now use something that has been posted about on this site. http://starmadedock.net/threads/faction-logo-block.673/ this post could benefit from a block that does not take up the full block height or width of a normal one. also the immersive Blocks mod has Grate Blocks, imagine how much more useful they could be if they were flat? and what about a vertical one that could cover a wall?

and that is what we need to discuss, here. not weather it is going to happen or not because the old site said it already!!!!

lets start thinking about other ways it mite be useful if we had blocks that could be cut down to a shape that is only one half or even one third the height, or width of the regular shaped ones?

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    The main use I would have for these in my ships would be ceiling/floors. I really hate having each deck separated from ones above and below by full meters, and not being able to do 2.5 meter tall hallways like I can in Minecraft.

Reactions: NeonSturm
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    Have a version with only one face textured, and make holographic screens for my bridge crew

Reactions: Blodge

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    These would help make better-looking seats... And walls, particularly for littler ships... And we should also get 1/2-block (or smaller) doors... I support this 100%.

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Have a version with only one face textured, and make holographic screens for my bridge crew
    We can already use sprites.

But sadly we can not make sprites walk-on, and they have a texture in their centre only for the XY and YZ planes, not for XZ on the ground.

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    We can already use sprites.

But sadly we can not make sprites walk-on, and they have a texture in their centre only for the XY and YZ planes, not for XZ on the ground.
    ...So no, you can't already use sprites, unless you want two screens crossed together. That was kind a pointless reply, no offense.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    well things are going better it seems. sorry for all the ranting on the first post, but its become necissary.

I'm at least happy to see some really good additions to the concept. I hadn't even considered the ideas of applying them to doors. it would be a really great space saving tool I think. Also think about the textureing improvements that mite be useful as well, having doors that mite even animate mite be a fun idea as well.

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    ...So no, you can't already use sprites, unless you want two screens crossed together. That was kind a pointless reply, no offense.
    • Would be good though to have a sprite only having one animated face for fire.
    • And a ground plate on orientable sprites to walk on.
    We need more sprite-types just like we got more hull-types.

If that helps you getting my point.

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Would be good though to have a sprite only having one animated face for fire.
    • And a ground plate on orientable sprites to walk on.
    We need more sprite-types just like we got more hull-types.

If that helps you getting my point.
    Ah, for some reason I thought you were referring to the second part of ltmauve's post... I agree, though, we do need a few more sprite-types.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    not bumping the thread shamelessly, but I had a new breakthrough.

if we had the half height blocks, we could in theory apply different attributes of other block to them. in the case of doors, a flat plate would be plausible for things like window covers, or shutters? and also if you did this, what if the logic system could be used in conjunction with them? now we could make a window with an emergency cover in case the glass was shot out.

just thought I would add that. also these block shapes could be theoretically used as decorative versions of hulls as well, the recent addition of them made me think of how it wold make a caution railing, using a flat plate block in a vertical orientation.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    I'd like to be able to make stairs, put bars on the walls of my Ship's Brig and build a Solar-sailor ship with realistic looking sails.