Hail thy ship

• Thread starter Deleted member 392097
    • Start date
    D

Deleted member 392097

I think that it would be really useful (like NPC faction stations can hail you), for you to be able to hail other ships. This would work by you selecting a ship in the navigation menu (or by using 'F'), and then pressing another special key which would then bring up an area to put a limited amount of text which you would then be able to transmit to whoever is in the ship which you are hailing (it would appear probably as any other hailing message would from an NPC faction station).

Reactions: Lecic

Blakpik

Angler
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    I agree, I think that the boxes for hails should be a different colour (so to stand out from error messages and notifications etc.)

Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Top Forum Contributor
    maybe simple interactions when hailing;
    - prepare to die! (you show that your are aggressive)
    - surrender your goods! (enemy analyses your ship - if ship a lot bigger than his he surrenders his goods, if not he fights you)
    - what are you doing here? (he answers mining, etc - but if its a pirate he'll maybe try to kill you or simply lie)
    etc etc etc

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    I really want some sort of hailing feature, but IDK how it should work... Perhaps players could create their own set of messages they could quickly send, or type a custom message on the spot.

AtraUnam

Maiden of crashes
    Reaction score
    • Railman Gold
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Wired for Logic Gold
    I think that PMs and faction chat should be intercept-able in some way, antennas maybe? Hailing at close range would be the only way to have completely secure communications.

Reactions: Glutton
    Reaction score
    That'd be interesting. Global chat will always be around but PMs need to be secure. To interrupt that process without the senders know would be extremely helpful from a RP and general strategy stand point. To add to that we could have communication channels (1-50 or something) that having a communication scanner (and antenna) could intercept. The larger the antenna the farther reach you have, and you could set them to look for certain frequencies. Maybe the more scanner attachments you have linked to the main computer would increase the range of scans. There could also be more secure but slower means to communicate to others. Not sure what types we could use though.

Eh sorry that paragraph was just one long tangent...

D

Deleted member 392097

It would be very useful if you saw a ship and then could hail it to see what its intentions were. Or if you were under attack then it would be easier to try to surrender to that ship or fleet.