Guided D1000 combo

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    I have been playing with missiles and encountered two kinds of missiles that are guided:

1. D1000 with a damage beam slave and a punch-through effect
    2. D1000 with a damage pulse slave and a ion effect

What makes these guided? I'm hoping to adapt this to other missile batteries.

Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Thinking Positive
    The beam allows for far - and fast-travelling missiles and guiding, whilst the pulse slave allows for high-damage, high-splosion radius, low speed, short range, guided missiles.

It's the slaves that do the magick.

(Also, I'd recommend hooking up a punchthrough to the pulse-slaved missile for a much greater effect)

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    The beam allows for far - and fast-travelling missiles and guiding, whilst the pulse slave allows for high-damage, high-splosion radius, low speed, short range, guided missiles.

It's the slaves that do the magick.

(Also, I'd recommend hooking up a punchthrough to the pulse-slaved missile for a much greater effect)
    Are there any other slaves that allow guidance, or are those the only two?

Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Thinking Positive
    Are there any other slaves that allow guidance, or are those the only two?
    Those are the only two, but they only grant guiding for missiles. not for any of the other weapons :p
    FYI:
    - Missile slaves make heatseeking swarm missiles, which target anything besides docked ships.
    - Cannon slaves make rapid dumbfire missiles

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    Those are the only two, but they only grant guiding for missiles. not for any of the other weapons :p
    FYI:
    - Missile slaves make heatseeking swarm missiles, which target anything besides docked ships.
    - Cannon slaves make rapid dumbfire missiles
    Thanks, I'll keep that in mind. (especially the missile slave)

Reaction score
    A little information on weapons.
    Master controls the weapon type, slave modifies features of the weapon, while effect blocks give the weapon different attributes. Missile weapons are the most drastically changed when given a slave system.

For reference I am going to use Master + slave = weapon type description.
    D1000 alone = slow firing rocket.
    D1000 + D1000 = Swarm firing heat seeking missiles. An indiscriminate weapon that won't attack the mothership/motherstation but anything and everything around it, the weapon LOVES overheating cores (ignoring nearby craft and going straight for the overheated core) and is a great 1 VS fighters weapon.
    D1000 + Cannon = Rapid fire rockets. Each individual rocket's energy consumption and damage is low but the DPS is good. I have yet give this weapon a good testing, it is not my preferred weapon.
    D1000 + Damage beam= Lock-on missile with increased range. A surprisingly good weapon when used with an AI turret.
    D1000 + Damage Pulse = Lock-on Torpedo with increased damage, AOE, reload time, and energy consumption. If you can power this weapon and get a hit, expect the enemy ship to feel the damage. Unfortunately the reload time is just as excessive as the weapon's damage and energy consumption. (Do not let the AI get its hands on this weapon combination, you will regret it fast.)

NOTES: With the current build damage beam and damage pulse turrets damage the mothership if the beam or pulse hits the ship. The AI is also a cheating ******* because the AI has the ability to switch the master and slave combinations around once the cool-down has ended. In other words with a D1000 and Damage pulse combo, both the D1000 + Damage pulse and the Damage pulse +D1000 combinations will be used with one system.

Last edited:

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    Keep in mind that the total damage per second of every weapon combo (for the total amount of weapon blocks) is the exact same. Apart maybe for the slaved beam (long range) combos.

DrTarDIS

Eldrich Timelord
    Reaction score
    You have the "D1000 + Damage Pulse" and "D1000 + Damage Beam" effects mixed up bro. :)