Gravity, cameras, lights, docking, module suggestions for improvement.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Gravity:

• The ability to have multi gravitational pulls. (in other words have gravity going in different directions on different parts of the ship, station, etc.),(I’ve been trying to make a metal planet like the one out of halo were the land mass is internal in the planet, but I need the gravity to go all 6 directions.(so have an area that the gravity affects that can be changed like the docking module area, and have the option to change directions in the gravity modules parameters. As well as having the gravity transition automatically when entering its area of affect, so that the transition is smooth.)).on another note on gravity, I seen some were ells in the forums about;(having a gravity module the affects an area regardless of wether you activated it or not, (for stations etc.),basically the planets auto affected area, but in a module.

Cameras:

• I apologise but I cannot remember the name of camera units, but a simple thing I would like to be added, would be the ability to change the way they face(looking down, up, left, right, etc.).at the moment they only look strait.

Lights:

• Some brighter lights (eliminate more area), for hangers etc.

Docking:

• The docking module works fine but I find that for correct docking (having it so you can walk from one ship to another.), I would have to have the core at the front door per say. So maybe a module for docking to go on the ship, that would dock the ship at that point and not the core. So that you can place the module at the door of one ship and walk out that door into the station, other ship, etc.

Added Content:

• I am a huge fan of this game I love playing it and though that I should share some idea’s with the team.
    • I am a hobby game programmer so I know some times stuff just can’t be done without remaking the engine, so hopefully the ideas a presented maybe possible.
    • I would like to thank you for taking the time to read this and I wish the team good luck on this project, make you guy’s a lot of money when done :p

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Gravity: This would be nice. I\'m not sure if you reffered to me, but I had previously brought up the suggestion of gravity blocks affecting an area, regardless of a player interacting with it, and I still believe it to be a good plan.

\"Cameras\": I believe you\'re reffering to \"SD Cockpits\". Cockpits facing multiple directions would be extremely nice, or a least the ability to rotate them without turning the entire ship (blocks would, of course, still get in the way).

Lights: I haven\'t actually heard this anywhere, but it wouldn\'t surprise me if lighting got an overhaul at some point, during which the spreading of light further may occur. Otherwise, brighter lights would be good.

Docking: I\'ve seen the following idea before: Have docking blocks which can be placed on the outside of the ship. When alligned with docking blocks on another ship, and used from the ship core (only one ship has to activate them, allowing you to BOARD THEM), they connect. If you just put this on the outside of a hallway on your ship, and docked with the same orientation of docking blocks, you could make an effective and cool passage from one ship to another (If you\'re using a small ship, then the passage isn\'t necessary, you can just have the block somewhere).