Graphics option to hide all logic pipes

Valiant70

That crazy cyborg
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    My graphics are terrible. The trouble is even if I reduce my render distance to 100 sometimes I get lagged out by stuff other than blocks, including the infamous logic pipes. We already have an option to disable beams. I think there should be one for pipes as well as they're just as much of a problem for certain computers.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    In the Q&A today schema said it was possible and he'd look into it. Not exactly confirmed, but definately recognized.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Just going to link this here. http://starmadedock.net/threads/kill-logic-pipes.21385/

I also seem to remember Bench saying it was going to be looked at or there had at least been a discussion about.

As it currently stands I have a major project I can barely work on, 10-15 fps all because of the logic pipes, I am sure the sector would burn any unprepared computers that set foot in it.
    Edit: The lag is not what prevents me from finishing it, the logic pipes remove any chance of seeing the circuits I need to work on.

Valiant70

That crazy cyborg
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    In the Q&A today schema said it was possible and he'd look into it. Not exactly confirmed, but definately recognized.
    Schema mentioned making pipes optional per block, not a graphics option to hide them all. Both are needed.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    :schema: Schema please!

This is one of the most simple circuits in my project, most of the input and output was able to be consolidated to the same areas.
    Some sections would make Medusa happy with her hair.

(btw: I am going to keep this bumped with relevant pictures showing my pain)
    Edit: Moar Pain!
    This is the bottom right section of a code page, this shows not even 1/4 of the rest of its section and was taken before if was fully linked into the rest of the project.

More stuffs will come.

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    :schema: Schema please!

This is one of the most simple circuits in my project, most of the input and output was able to be consolidated to the same areas.
    Some sections would make Medusa happy with her hair.

(btw: I am going to keep this bumped with relevant pictures showing my pain)
    Edit: Moar Pain!
    This is the bottom right section of a code page, this shows not even 1/4 of the rest of its section and was taken before if was fully linked into the rest of the project.

More stuffs will come.

Yikes. That's a lot of pipes.

AtraUnam

Maiden of crashes
    Reaction score
    • Railman Gold
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Wired for Logic Gold
    just curios. what about these pipes causes lag?
    Well have you ever heard the saying that the mechanism by which helicopters fly is by being so ugly that they repel the ground? Well logic pipes are so ugly they repel frames.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Well have you ever heard the saying that the mechanism by which helicopters fly is by being so ugly that they repel the ground? Well logic pipes are so ugly they repel frames.
    sorry was on my phone and posted accidentally then forgot to edit. what the post should have been:

just curios. what about these pipes causes lag? is it the sliding yellow thing (and would removing it help) or is it the colours (and would removing them help) or is it the simple fact that they are being rendered?

AtraUnam

Maiden of crashes
    Reaction score
    • Railman Gold
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Wired for Logic Gold
    sorry was on my phone and posted accidentally then forgot to edit. what the post should have been:

just curios. what about these pipes causes lag? is it the sliding yellow thing (and would removing it help) or is it the colours (and would removing them help) or is it the simple fact that they are being rendered?
    They are being rendered even when they aren't visible because they aren't included in the occlusion culling.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Well it would stop them being ugly...
    ok i have done that and it is quite hard to stop them being ugly. all i have managed to do is make the master end yellow and the slave end purple and got rid of the yellow slidey thing so that it is actually useful as the pipe ends are the same (or similar) colour to the c/v box.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3

This is a tiny but useful update to my older communications unit. I was able to keep things organized and avoided any pipe issues. Except always knowing that these pipes are always there even if not exposed.