"glow" effect when blocks are harvested

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Currently, when using the "Firey Balls of Fire" mod, the glow of the sun "leaks" through the grid overlay when salvaging blocks.

Even though it's accidental, I think it's an awesome effect that should be implemented in some way into the vanilla game. The glow effect could emanate from the center of the block.

Reactions: Lecic
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    I feel that the effect in general should change. And not only for salvage, but for all beams a different effect. The current effect just feels awkward after a while.

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Hardware Store
    Currently, when using the "Firey Balls of Fire" mod, the glow of the sun "leaks" through the grid overlay when salvaging blocks.

Even though it's accidental, I think it's an awesome effect that should be implemented in some way into the vanilla game. The glow effect could emanate from the center of the block.
    Unless this also happens without any mods, it isn't a problem of starmade, but a problem of the mod.

Crimson-Artist

Wiki Administrator
    Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    • Wiki Contributor Gold
    i think its just a quirk of the bloom effect in general. I've noticed this before when i didn't have that mod installed.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    I feel that the effect in general should change. And nkt onky for salvage, but for all beams a different effect. The current effect just feels awkward after a while.
    Yeah, the salvage beam could have a "V" shaped beam encompassing the block, and the power supply beam could be a wire connecting to the block instead. But that should go into a different topic, really.

jayman38

Precentor-Primus, pro-tempore
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Anybody ever play "Hostile Waters: Anteaus Rising"? Just me? Yeah, I want my personal salvage beam to look like that. (4m 36s) Warning: video contains harsh language.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Anybody ever play "Hostile Waters: Anteaus Rising"? Just me? Yeah, I want my personal salvage beam to look like that. (4m 36s) Warning: video contains harsh language.

That salvage laser looks awesome. I do like the grid effect in starmade though - it's rather unique, but I don't think it should get used for every effect.

A flickering "V" laser like the one in that video combined with an improved grid effect would look great imo.

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Personally, I envision a "melting" visual spreading in waves. Kind of like what happens when you fire at shields, but with a smooth orange overlay instead of the blue-white hex mesh.

Reactions: Megacrafter127