Give a better Incentive to attack and raid pirates

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    My current view of pirate bases. At worst they are an annoyance. At best I use them to spawn fighters which I salvage and loot.

The pirate base really offers no great incentive to attack them. About the most I do is take their weapons down. Then after that I use them to spawn fighters or call for back up then I attack those and salvage them and take the loot.

It would be nice to have a reason to actually attack pirate bases such as loot.
    Loot of various types could be a start.
    Rare items only acquirable through pirates and or other factions.
    Those could be things like weapon or shield enhancements. You stuff that can make a weapon more powerful yet not greatly increase the energy used or make it fire faster or more efficient.

Different factions could have different types. Then players could select between which one works best for them.
    They would fit in the weapons group just like effects do currently. Just offer different stuff.

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    I agree
    rats need to be bigger then roids

for one .. they shoot back so there is a risk
    and risk of losing must also reward more gain when being successful

and the loot these small ships drop don't appear on radar and in the vast space its almost impossible to spot the cloud of dropped goods .. so you might consider loot to be inadequate unless they make it MORE visible
    you know ... ^^ make it sparkle like a mmo usually does

but most of all
    I don't feel any sense of achievement when having finally scraped a ship together that can take on a patch of rats

some servers do have custom rats but I like to see BEEFY STUFF as a standard
    not only for the pvpers

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    I think a good way to incentive destroying pirate stations would be to have the TG send you a credit bounty reward for taking it out.

I'm opposed to the idea of rare upgrades because they will eventually be hoarded by older, bigger factions, giving them even more advantages.

Reactions: GRHayes
    Reaction score
    Part of the problem is that there is no way to tell how powerful an individual player is. All the pirates spawn no matter what the player has. Isanths may be weak but at least they don't discourage new players too much. Im sure in the future we'll get some more rewards and features for PvE.