Gigantism

Mered4

Space Triangle Builder
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    In a traditional navy, a Destroyer is in the class between Cruisers/Destroyers and Frigates.
    In a traditional joke, a dignified chuckle is considered appropriate.

See example:

Boarding still needs tweaks. It just came, so we can't expect the best of it.

I also dissaprove the creation of anti-astronaut turrets. It's a very dull concept. I would prefer them to make NPC's (which are currently useless) to auto-shoot faction enemy astonaults instead. A fire-fight in a ship between "people" would be way cooler. (and NPCs would have an use after all)
    Now this is a boarding concept I could get behind. It uses existing mechanics and adds a level of awesome to your ship. :D

Winterhome

Way gayer than originally thought.
    Reaction score
    I would appreciate anti-astronaut turrets being much, much smaller, and less powerful - on par with normal astronaut weapons.

I feel that it could be tied in to an all-out astronaut overhaul. I know that a lot of people have, over the years, been asking for voxel-based customizable astronaut equipment - perhaps that kind of thing could be included.

Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    In a traditional navy, a Destroyer is in the class between Cruisers/Destroyers and Frigates.
    well, idk what that was about :P
    space and navy looks a lot like eachoth, i understand you are confused :D
    :)Boarding. It's now possible to take down titans with a core, it just takes incredible skill (and luck) :p
    More luck than skill, I would think. Especially with God-Turrets and people with brains.

I mean, what if I had one door to my ship that was covered by most of my exterior turrets, then put five or six interior turrets on the other side? No amount of skill will win past that defense unless you nuke it.
    ish no problemo, ish very easy.
    I already stole abooooot 1-10 million blocks, ish really no problemo.
    :D :D grinder is love grinder is life

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Boarding still needs tweaks. It just came, so we can't expect the best of it.

I also dissaprove the creation of anti-astronaut turrets. It's a very dull concept. I would prefer them to make NPC's (which are currently useless) to auto-shoot faction enemy astonaults instead. A fire-fight in a ship between "people" would be way cooler. (and NPCs would have an use after all)
    As cool as this would be, I cant stand the idea. Anything less than god-like pathing AI means that the NPCs will be dumb (all responding to a thread on one side while another person sneaks in the other, terrible aim, etc) have terrible pathing (not knowing their way through your ship) and likely even more glitched out than they are now.

Neat on paper, VERY difficult to code. Writing code for AIs is hard and unrewarding work. I've been there. Nothing written in to a friendly AI will ever be good enough, then everyone will complain that they have to have full teams of real people for defense otherwise not play at all.

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    In a traditional joke, a dignified chuckle is considered appropriate.

See example:

I don't think Cookie's post was a joke...? If it was, it's not very obvious, and you don't need to be condescending about it.

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    well, idk what that was about :p
    space and navy looks a lot like eachoth, i understand you are confused :D

ish no problemo, ish very easy.
    I already stole abooooot 1-10 million blocks, ish really no problemo.
    :D :D grinder is love grinder is life
    Why did you make a thread complaining about it then?

Mered4

Space Triangle Builder
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    I don't think Cookie's post was a joke...? If it was, it's not very obvious, and you don't need to be condescending about it.
    Bro. Laugh at yourself. Come on. That was funny :)
    [DOUBLEPOST=1435128206,1435128094][/DOUBLEPOST]
    I would appreciate anti-astronaut turrets being much, much smaller, and less powerful - on par with normal astronaut weapons.

I feel that it could be tied in to an all-out astronaut overhaul. I know that a lot of people have, over the years, been asking for voxel-based customizable astronaut equipment - perhaps that kind of thing could be included.
    I'll have you know I plan on setting one of the Capital-killer turrets on my new Titan to Astronauts only. The ship will be fueled by the tears of the jokers that try boarding me.

Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Bro. Laugh at yourself. Come on. That was funny :)
    [DOUBLEPOST=1435128206,1435128094][/DOUBLEPOST]
    I'll have you know I plan on setting one of the Capital-killer turrets on my new Titan to Astronauts only. The ship will be fueled by the tears of the jokers that try boarding me.
    first of all, who rated this usefull? lawl

second, aha a turret agianst astronauts, you dont need to over do this.
    take some NPC hostile to anybody and it's already op.

thrid, are you taking my idea as serious or what? a joke? im confused.
    the destroyer is a real option to use, low hp and huge dmg is a good thing when combined with a fleet.
    it isn't a joke.

Reactions: Lecic

Groovrider

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4

the destroyer is a real option to use, low hp and huge dmg is a good thing when combined with a fleet.
    it isn't a joke.
    He has become a single issue poster. Any time someone brings up ship HP debuffs or boarding expect to get a comment in high sarcasm mode.

Mered4

Space Triangle Builder
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4

it isn't a joke.
    I found the way you described it to be funny. The idea is a solid one.

And my God. All of you just taking offense at the smallest thing. I guess you guys can troll and make fun of me all the time, but if I start it? Nope. That's unacceptable.

He has become a single issue poster. Any time someone brings up ship HP debuffs or boarding expect to get a comment in high sarcasm mode.
    Lol. I'm not trolling and I've attempted to be constructive despite massive efforts to troll me by the fools. I'm allowed to laugh once in a while. Especially at people who refuse to consider their opinion as wrong. Those people are hilarious.

Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    I found the way you described it to be funny. The idea is a solid one.

And my God. All of you just taking offense at the smallest thing. I guess you guys can troll and make fun of me all the time, but if I start it? Nope. That's unacceptable.

Lol. I'm not trolling and I've attempted to be constructive despite massive efforts to troll me by the fools. I'm allowed to laugh once in a while. Especially at people who refuse to consider their opinion as wrong. Those people are hilarious.
    wowowowowow hold it, i never said i am against fun or trolling, i just thought you took my idea as one big joke, and also thought you didn't
    you get why i asked, personnaly i love trolling, only i tend to go on to the point nobody likes it, so i prefer not to start it.
    yea, i did type it in a fun way, exitment+me= funny weird hard to understand posts.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1435178179,1435178120][/DOUBLEPOST]but really.... who thought that there was something usefull in that post of you :D i can't find the usefull part :P

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    [grumblemode]
    Why is it so hard for you people to stay on topic? If you must banter back and forth to prove something to each other fine, just do it elsewhere.
    [/grumblemode]

As far as gigantism goes, I actually think things are moving in the right direction. HP and boarding was a quick first-pass, and will get balanced as time goes. Hopefully shipyards make this even more interesting. I'm still down for fuel and/or maintenance costs, and the AI to get a few more passes to be more practical. I think that this is one of those problems that is very like to phase itself out as part of the core balancing of the game. Big ships will always be part of the game, and dont expect a core with a single cannon module to take them out, but I think that we'll see less and less titan variety and more and more fleet variety as time marches on.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Funny thing about titans. See I really like the idea of them. But I see them as ambitions not necessitates. In my eyes they should be things a large faction may get there hands on after a lot of effort. And probably only one. They should be things that when it turns up, you quickly turn around and change your undies. But are balanced by their lack of numbers. Titan shows up to battle? Flee and attack multiple targets. It cant respond to them all. And if there was a proportional effort to maintain a ship, the infrastructure to support such a ship would need to be substantial effort.

#RestatingWhatHasBeenSaidLikeABaws