'Ghost' ships/turrets

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Several turrets and a ship have disappeared from the nav screen (of every player), but their models are still floating in space where they were last exited. You can still see them as if they're still there, but you can fly right through them. If you try to place a block in its position, the message where you try to place something in a blocked area pops up. Shooting at the broken ship doesn't fix the problem, and neither does relogging.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Several server restarts over 24 hours haven\'t fixed the problem, the images of the ships are still stuck there blocking building space

Reaction score
    Yep same here, i can\'t get rid of them. Some people complain that if they fly with small ships, they can suddenly warp even 17 sectors away from where they were. I had to teleport my friend back to home sector using admin command. This, docking and collisions are all related i feel like.

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    Also this bug occurs when you using import/export_sector commands...

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    I can confirm this bug has been happening quite a bit lately.

The only solution I have found is for an admin to use the \'/despawn_all\' command, but this only works if you know the ships name (needed for the command line).

The \'/destroy_entity\' command does not work because these ghost ships do not appear in the nav list, nor as triangles on the hud, nor do they have a diamond around the core, so you cannot select them to destroy them. They do however have a dot in the small radar window in the top right corner.

I notice a large spike in server and client load when you go near one of them. I drop to around 5fps when near one (usually ~400fps). Worse if you fly a big ship through one.

I\'ve seen it happen to turrets, ships and even just a bare cores. Both after they have been used, or even as they are created (x for a core, or a catalog ship). Our online server currently has one at spawn (2,2,2) right beside the shop, and I\'ve been unable to remove it as I have no idea who created it, or it\'s name.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    One way of finding out a ships name i have found is attempting to build into it, at which point you will recieve an error message saying \'error: cannot build here, position is blocked by *entity name*\'

Then you can use the name that appears to despawn it using the /despawn_all command as you said

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Good thinking there. Thanks, will try that for the ones I find ghosted.

Reaction score
    Logged off on sandbox last night having just docked a fighter to my hauler so I could drag it back to base. Logged on this morning and the hauler was gone and the fighter compeletly phantom. /search locates both where I left them but neither appears on Nav and I can\'t interact with the one I can see.

Stranded me 7.5km from base.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Loaded my singleplayer game and one of my docked ships (annoyingly; my most valuble one) had turned into a ghost. I can fly through it, caress it, tell it I love it, leave the sector and come back but it still refuses to give in to my charm and join the living again. Super annoyed with this bug as it has happened once before with an equally valuable ship.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    This has happened to me once.

Server suddenly lost connection or something, then dumped me in an object-less bit of space, spiralling, then it reasserted itself. Then, a gigantic ship appeared. Attempts to do anything to the ship failed, as it disappeared when I attempted to go closer to it. Could make for a fun bit of creepypasta if I was inclined. Maybe the souls of the crew moaned mournfully as I approached or something.