Get to know mindlord0013 Q&A AMA

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    In a similar vein to what other council applicants are doing, I'm having a Q&A here as part of my council application campaign.

Ask me any question, relevant or otherwise, that will help you decide if I'd make a good counciller to represent the StarMade community.

Lancake

Head of Testing
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Tester
    Your application is pretty good. Since I'm familiar with most ingame bugs I have multiple questions for you. How familiar are you with the bug tracker, bugs in starmade? (http://bugs.star-made.org/projects/starmade-game)

How would you feel if a suggestion the council made is denied by the dev team, even after a long discussion?
    Would you be angry, disappointed, discouraged with that? (Please speak out your mind, personally I would be disappointed)

What if a suggestion is added to the feature queue, but it takes more than 6 months for the dev team to consider implementing it, would you be frustrated by the long wait time?
    You're working hard, finding tons of suggestions, discussing with your fellow council members and schine devs but in the end it takes ages for it to get implemented (if it even gets implemented), even if the said feature is a small one that would require a few hours of work.

Reactions: mindlord0013
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    1. I'm very familiar with the bug tracker, I've used it on a number of occasions. Both in terms of reporting bugs, and searching for pre-existing bugs in an attempt to find a fix (or if I can add details to help find a fix).

2. At the end of the day, it's Schema's baby. I know he has very big plans for the game, and I believe he has so far been very open minded. Depending on the feature, it would range from extremely dissapointed (space whales/leviathan) to indifference. I would try to talk to the devs and find out the reason why they denied the suggestion, "Do you have anything planned that is similar, or more or less does the same thing (or the opposite, for that matter)?", "Is it just too difficult or not feasable?"

3. Personally speaking, I have been very, very keen for creatures (including my beloved space whales) since I discovered StarMade (a very long time ago). I am fully aware that developing a game takes lots of time, effort, and sometimes trial and error. You need to start with a concept, flesh out the concept, figure out how it's going to work, concept art, finalised concept.... And then you start creating assets for it, and finally you can begin putting it in the game. This process would more or less take place with every feature in the game concurrently.

3 tl;dr. Making a game takes a long time. There are certain priorities for features, and they are more or less done from scratch. I would be dissapointed if a feature I was looking forward to suddenly got scrapped, but so far Schema and the Schine team have only shown we can trust them with it. Even if it means waiting a little longer, which I'm okay with.

Lancake

Head of Testing
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Tester
    1. I'm very familiar with the bug tracker, I've used it on a number of occasions. Both in terms of reporting bugs, and searching for pre-existing bugs in an attempt to find a fix (or if I can add details to help find a fix).

2. At the end of the day, it's Schema's baby. I know he has very big plans for the game, and I believe he has so far been very open minded. Depending on the feature, it would range from extremely dissapointed (space whales/leviathan) to indifference. I would try to talk to the devs and find out the reason why they denied the suggestion, "Do you have anything planned that is similar, or more or less does the same thing (of the opposite, for that matter)?", "Is it just too difficult or not feasable?"

3. Personally speaking, I have been very, very keen for creatures (including my beloved space whales) since I discovered StarMade (a very long time ago). I am fully aware that developing a game takes lots of time, effort, and sometimes trial and error. You need to start with a concept, flesh out the concept, figure out how it's going to work, concept art, finalised concept.... And then you start creating assets for it, and finally you can begin putting it in the game. This process would more or less take place with every feature in the game concurrently.

3 tl;dr. Making a game takes a long time. There are certain priorities for features, and they are more or less done from scratch. I would be dissapointed if a feature I was looking forward to suddenly got scrapped, but so far Schema and the Schine team have only shown we can trust them with it. Even if it means waiting a little longer, which I'm okay with.
    Thanks, a nicely polished answer. I'll think I'll put you a bit higher on my voting list ;)

Reactions: mindlord0013