General points of improvement

Reaction score
    Hey all. I have a few things that could be changed:

shields: I had literally hundreds on a ship, with suffiicient energy, why did it break after ten pirate shots?

docking: you dont have a choice which way round the docking ship is orientated -.- very inaccurate

saving: currently, I cannot save a ship design. I dont know why. but its a pain patching up my superbattleship when i go destroying pirate bases. this would be a lot easier if I could reload the ship/repair it with one button.

otherwise, this is an epic game.

any other sugestions, peeps?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I would love to see a repairing system in the game. If my battleship comes in a fight and it schields go down, i\'m going to have a bad time restoring it the exact same way it was before... Beside that, i found that the docking orientation is a pain too...

Winterhome

Way gayer than originally thought.
    Reaction score
    Repairing:
    A blueprint block of some sort would be amazing. Similar to the Catalog\'s immediate effect of instantly buying and assembling entire ships, the Blueprint Mainframe carries its own data on the ship\'s construction and, when activated, will bring up a popup window showing what materials it needs. It then begins restoring the ship inside out from the position of the mainframe in a spherical motion.

The blocks placed are damaged by default, and slowly repair. The next layer of blocks cannot be placed until the first is repaired completely. To increase the rate of ship repair, use the Astrotechnician to heal the blocks manually on top of the autorepair.

Docking: Rather than aiming at a Docking Port and clicking to be instantly docked, the Docking Ports should just have a popup for when you\'re in range. When in range, a ship is given a popup that they can respond to by clicking with their ship core. Instead of just automatically docking the ships in whichever angle just so happens to be convenient for the AI, there should be a secondary docking port that you can attach to the ship-to-be-docked that determines which block and what angle the ship is docked at.

Shields: Make them require power to function, and add a shield control block that allows you to configure the direction of the shields and the power consumption. More power consumption for better shielding leads directly to increasingly impossible levels of power management requirements.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Something I think would be pretty cool is if the blueprint for your ship interfaced with the repair laser. Say for example that you\'d lost some chunks of your ship in a fight. Simply load the blueprint into the repair laser, then fire it at the ship. It slowly replaces said blocks whilst draining the necessary items from your inventory. If no blueprint is loaded, it performs as usual.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I agree with Azereiah\'s repairing system. Really, A MUST into the game!

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    For repairing, I think it would be cool if there was some kind of computer that will automatically fix your ship, kind of like those auto repair systems you see in some sci fi games or movies. You would be able to click on the computer to set the ship\'s blueprint to whatever it is at the time and then place blocks in the computer for it to use to repair your ship. Then while you are in flight mode, you can bind the auto repair system to one of the keys on the hotbar so you can use it any time you want.

You can try to make the system fair by making it so that it won\'t allow you to fly or shoot cannons for a few seconds while the ship is fixing itself. That way no one can abuse it during a pirate fight.