General (fairly basic) questions

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    I don't really play Starmade too often. I do play a good ten hours or so every time the game updates, but i've ran into some problems that are probably easily fixed. So, Here's a few questions:

1. I'm constantly worried that the weapons computer on my ship will get hit and i'll be disabled. Can you hook your weapons up to multiple weapon computers as a backup source of control? So, if one computer gets hit, another one can take over the control?

2. Are those power storage tanks useful?

3. What does the pulsator do?

4. I'm worried that when i finish my huge ship, it'll need a hell of a lot of power sources to move it and fire weapons. How can i compress my power sources down so they take up less room on the ship?

I'm a person who asks questions first and realizes that there is a solution for it, right in front of you later... So, forgive me if a solution is already posted...

Also, I may be able to post a screenshot of my ships WIP if you need to see it...

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    1.) I don\'t think you can link one array to multiple computers, redundancy would be spiffy but probably hard to code. I usually just stick the computers next to my core so I don\'t worry much about a computer going down becuase I\'m already on the respawn screen.

2.) According to the wiki there is a hard cap on how much power a large ship can produce (iirc 1,000,000 e/s) so once you hit that cap adding storage will help you. I tried adding a few to a ~300 mass ship and they stored a pitiful amount of energy so I just add more generator blocks for now.

3.) As far as I know it\'s a work in progress that will eventually allow you to push (and maybe pull?) ships you don\'t control.

4.) Are you building solid (filled in) bricks of generators or just the edges? For me just lines of generators or 3 intersecting lines of generators making part of the outline of a cube gives quite a lot of power while leaving lots of space inside for the other stuff.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    i tap to install program, but nothing changes, what i made wrong?!

Reaction score
    4) Power generators are sometimes built along the big framework of the ship. That is why it\'s wise to make them before any of the hulls themselves. You \"compact\" space by having long thin generators, instead of qubic masses of them. For example 100 blocks long line of generators give more power than 10x13x1 (130 blocks) plane of generators, maybe much more. That\'s block saving.

\"i tap to install program, but nothing changes, what i made wrong?!\"
    You need to tell us more than that. Generally you just download starmade launcher, put it in some your own made StarMade folder and run it. If it gives any errors or logs, we need to know.