Garbage disposal

Reaction score
    I dont know if there is a way to dispose of blocks in the game, other than tossing them over your shoulder and hoping you dont pick them up right away.

Many times I have wanted a way to just get rid of some blocks easily, when tossing them into space is not possible or convenient.

I know new blocks are at a premium. Maybe there is some way to add a lever to the storage block so it flushes, or incinerates, its contents? A large blink light on the internal display would help know its in this state. (maybe make it hard to get to so you have to know what you are doing to not lose blocks by accident).

Has anyone else wanted, at times, a simple way to get rid of blocks?

Reaction score
    See I personally think the only issue is accidentally bumping into the blocks you just chucked.

You used to be able to just scrap them into cubatoms (a scrapped crafting system) Maybe we should just not have ships pick up bricks. Although how would we be able to pick up loot from dead ships? Complicated, maybe just have a right click and delete.

Have your first like anyway.

Reactions: BION
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    Maybe ships should only pick up bricks using salvage beams.

jayman38

Precentor-Primus, pro-tempore
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    You are missing out on the fun.
    Step 0: Exit your current ship (you need one with a weapon) with at least one spare ship core and one spare plex storage container.
    Step 1: Create a new ship out of your original ship's path. (Call it "garbage scow" or something equally appropriate)
    Step 2: Enter build mode.
    Step 3: Add a plex storage container to the ship core.
    Step 4: Exit this new "ship"
    Step 5: Put the unwanted items in the garbage scow's storage block.
    Step 6: Re-enter your armed ship and blow away the garbage scow.
    Step 7: Continue on your way without picking up the detritus left behind.

It's somewhat wasteful, and shooting garbage is not a good test of a warrior's mettle, but it's free, low-risk shooting practice.

What I actually do: I have an entire plex container for unwanted blocks (primarily dirt).

"...Dirt. This is a jar of dirt."
    "Yes."
    "Is the jar of dirt going to help?"
    "If you don't want it, give it back."
    "No."
    "Then it help.
    "

Reactions: Valiant70
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    your ship must be terrible. What we need is a civilisation you can trade with that wants dirt or a way to turn dirt into hull.
    you could make a moving planet like thing with all that dirt

Reaction score
    your ship must be terrible. What we need is a civilisation you can trade with that wants dirt or a way to turn dirt into hull.
    I usually keep my dirt for when I want to 'terraform' planets or make on ship gardens. I did once make a ship out of earth planet stuff, an earth ship earthship, made out of earth. Ship.

...Yeah anyway +to recycling into energy or something.

jayman38

Precentor-Primus, pro-tempore
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Pretty much. I wish I didn't get even MORE dirt as loot! Ack! What self respecting pirate is carrying around dirt? Besides Captain Jack Sparrow? I mean, if the stations bought dirt, then I could explain it away by imagining a background economy where planetside builders and farmers could use new, unpolluted dirt to recover their farming or landscaping projects. (That kind of background might be a good reason for stations to buy undesirable blocks for now, including terrain.) However, until some kind of new gameplay mechanic appears, I just tuck newly acquired dirt away in the dirty junk drawer on my ship....

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Pretty much. I wish I didn't get even MORE dirt as loot! Ack! What self respecting pirate is carrying around dirt? Besides Captain Jack Sparrow? I mean, if the stations bought dirt, then I could explain it away by imagining a background economy where planetside builders and farmers could use new, unpolluted dirt to recover their farming or landscaping projects. (That kind of background might be a good reason for stations to buy undesirable blocks for now, including terrain.) However, until some kind of new gameplay mechanic appears, I just tuck newly acquired dirt away in the dirty junk drawer on my ship....
    How about giving Plex-Stores have an option to throw out a cube of x items each second? If you build it on your ships rear and it throws the items out far enough (> 5 blocks or behind the ships collision box?), you won't receive them again.

Filters let you decide which items are drawn by this "Plex-Trash"
    *** Gives me the idea of putting trash-cans all over the ship emptied by a central Filter:All trash store. ***
    *** Maybe you can use some old Plex-Fabric block's inventory for this? :) ***

But it shouldn't be defailt for players inside ships, as that might happen accidentally.

Reaction score
    I put a chest on a ship core. I have a button that undocks it and activates a push beam that sends it through a warp gate into the center of a star.
    They should bring back the plex recycler and make it produce hull or something when you put enough trash in it.

Reactions: CyberTao

kiddan

Cobalt-Blooded Bullet Mirror
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Purchased!
    I dont know if there is a way to dispose of blocks in the game, other than tossing them over your shoulder and hoping you dont pick them up right away.

Many times I have wanted a way to just get rid of some blocks easily, when tossing them into space is not possible or convenient.

I know new blocks are at a premium. Maybe there is some way to add a lever to the storage block so it flushes, or incinerates, its contents? A large blink light on the internal display would help know its in this state. (maybe make it hard to get to so you have to know what you are doing to not lose blocks by accident).

Has anyone else wanted, at times, a simple way to get rid of blocks?
    All items are pretty much are able to be placed, this includes those memory chip thingies and paint cans. I suggest you place a ship core covered in the items/blacks you want to throw away and then overheat the ship with a disintegrator.[DOUBLEPOST=1411604529,1411604406][/DOUBLEPOST]
    How about giving Plex-Stores have an option to throw out a cube of x items each second? If you build it on your ships rear and it throws the items out far enough (> 5 blocks or behind the ships collision box?), you won't receive them again.

Filters let you decide which items are drawn by this "Plex-Trash"
    *** Gives me the idea of putting trash-cans all over the ship emptied by a central Filter:All trash store. ***
    *** Maybe you can use some old Plex-Fabric block's inventory for this? :) ***

But it shouldn't be defailt for players inside ships, as that might happen accidentally.
    (sry for da double post) You can link plex storages together now. I have already made a trash can system on my station. :D