GameModes

Reaction score
    When i open the game all i can play is sandbox, no what i`d really enjoy is a story mode

Foundry: the foundry is a feature on Sto, where players can make their star trek dreams come true, now put this into this game, and theres like, 40% of the game done

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    it would be nice to have more gamemodes than now since it is faily limeted right now, i\'d like a story or a freeraoming kinda thing whit a dynamic world, perhaps whit a war or two going on in the background.

or something similair.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    One thing at a time, people. Right now we don\'t even have all the mechanics and overaching features in place, and you already ask for alternative game modes.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I\'m really sorry, this is the first idea I\'ve thought is truely terrible and has nothing at all to add. A story mode just would ruin the game, even adventure maps like in Minecraft wouldn\'t work, and I\'ll try to explain why.

Firstly ships aren\'t a set size or shape, designing corridoors or missions to go through would be neigh-on-impossible. A story needs a linear path, even if it is heavily-veiled in an open world (think The Elder Scrolls games), and without the ability to really define a space for the story to take part in this would be difficult. Also stories within 3D space are often difficult (which is why many space games - such as the wing commander series - just have the combat in space and everything else in GUIs). Now there are ways around these problems but it would require heavily restricting the creative element of the game, which brings me nicely to my second point.

This second point is completely my opinion, and I do expect people to deeply disagree with me on this one. This is a voxel-based game, which at it\'s heart is a creative limitless sandbox genre. Now obviously this does mean players can play the game however they like, but forcing a player down a linear path completely takes away from being able to play however you like.

Thirdly, with such a small development team, it would cost far too much time and money to put in a story mode, any other mode fine, but a story mode would be far too much work.

Finally I\'ll leave you with this thought, if you want a back story for this game, then write one, create some fan fic (I\'m not sure where you would post it on these forums but I\'m sure it could go somewhere), I\'m sure it would be greatly received, I for one would love to see some fan fic and may even give it a bit of a go myself.

tl;dr No.

Reaction score
    I\'d definitely want there to be more AI factions and AI interaction with each other and the players, but we\'re probably a long way from that,

Reaction score
    well, its a gamemode, people dont have to play it, but an idea that i had is, and dont get angry, restricting ship building completely, so it can fit into the story, and on co-op think of the fun you`ll have :)

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    i\'ll go for belone Idea
    I think it cost a lot of money and too much work on it, could take years on the story mode

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    First, we need a \"Wanted\"-List with bounties for ships/players, a better trading system and/or some quests, to make the world universe more interactive.

Secondly, there should be more reasons to put effort in corridors, living rooms, etc. on a titan or station and make a nice environment for stories.

After that, we can talk about this topic again.

About Quests: Currently, you can only sell/buy for credits, not exchange items like: 1 hardened hull : 5 lava and all shops have almost everything at a chance of 50%.

If there are trade offers on some public location, you would have at least a partial environment for your story-line (Path of the trader).