Game will not launch

Reaction score
    I'm just going to jump into the issue: though the launcher opens fine, the game itself does not launch. It worked the first 3 times I launched it, where I changed resolution to my monitor, set full screen, and changed the fps cap to 60. Second time I tried to play single player, but it crashed. Third time, I could enter game, but I was getting 1 fps, so I closed out and, having noticed it had said something about ram, I checked the launcher and set max ram and ram on startup to (I think) 2048, though now that I'm thinking about it, it may be set to 2024. It hasn't launched since, and I have redownloaded launcher once and game twice.

Reaction score
    • Hardware Store
    Are you using the 32bit or 64bit version? 32bit java cannot handle more than 1024MB of memory.

Reaction score
    I'm pretty sure I'm using 64 bit, but I'll try setting it to 1024 when I get home.

Edit: it works! Thank you!

Last edited:

DukeofRealms

Count Duku
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    You need to install 64 bit Java (I'd advise you either uninstall 32bit Java first or ensure both 32 bit and 64 bit Java are the same version). You can download that here: Java SE Runtime Environment 8 - Downloads

Or, simply use our beta launcher, which can be selected from Steam or downloaded here: StarMade