[Game-play] Black Boxes (grave markers and credit recovery)

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    TL;DR: Make black boxes(that are actually orange colored) to mark destroyed ships that can be sold to shops for credits or kept as trophies.

So I noticed the game is rouge-like of which I am a huge fan. However, I think a way to spice up both PvE and PvP is to create black boxes (that like normal airplanes are orange) taht are created upon the destruction of the ship.

These could be stackable (think of generic Pirate ships), but usually would be standalone. When hovering on the box it would give you stats like when and who created the ship, who destroyed the ship and when, and what is the sell value to shops for the box.

PvE: we get a way to "bounty hunt" pirates/mobs for credits.

PvP: we have provable credit for destroying ships/people (think assassins factions), or simply bragging rights for destroying _____'s captial ship.

Additionally, this gives us a way to recoup losses seen from the destruction of our ships, or bonuses for people that run across the box.

Finally, I would make the box a nav point only for the sector it resides.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    I wouldn\'t make it a nav point though.... or maybe only at very close range.

The Core Modules sort of do some of this - but the idea that a player can hand over a block with the details you suggest is a really good idea.

I can see whole salvage companies being created.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I like this idea, it opens a lot of possibilities, but I see one tiny problem that might be a feature. If _____\'s capital ship was blown up by more than 1 person/ship/crew, who gets the box? If there really is just the one box per kill, then more trust and loyalty is required when it comes to who hands in the box for the reward and I think that\'s brilliant.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    I think it\'s first in first served!

It does create a heap of gameplay ideas there too. It could even lead to battles over who owns the \'black box\'!