Game Balance approved suggestions for 18th Dec release

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Currently, if you loose everything and find yourself drifting in space, there's no way you'll ever be able to fly again. There are a several solutions to this:
    • Make the power beam part of the suit. So, even when all items are lost, the astronaut can still construct a factory AND power it, provided he has the materials.
    • Allow the suit to be able to construct some power generation block or allow a basic factory to burn metal mesh and crystal if no power is available.
    • This might be the easiest one to implement: Add a "trivial self powered factory" block that can only be crafted by the suit, and allows creating power blocks, thrusters, and ship cores while using crystal+metal instead of power.

Master_Artificer

Press F to pay respects
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Thinking Positive
    Sorry to bring this up again... but this was nagging me.

While it is true that with shipyards you can now design as if in creative, you still need the resources to actually build the ships. And if some resource is hard to come by, it is so for everyone, and different from just importing a ship from creative. Which is why I think you can't just take some sample of ships from the community content section and use that for an analysis of resource utilization versus resource availability in survival.

Of course this is completely irrelevant to whichever direction Schine are taking the game - in the end it's their vision after all. I wouldn't waste hours playing this game if I wouldn't actually enjoy it ;)
    What was happening was people would mine until they had enough shields to get the ships in.

Leaving everybody to have an abundance in materials, but not being able to use them because rammet was a limiting resource.
    Its not that people designed ships around what deficiencies they had, they would just mine until they had enough of the limiting material to get the ship in, and the rest would be surplus and gather dust or sold to shops for more of the limiting resource.

90% of the time it would gather dust though. Something needed to change.

Lukwan

Human
    Reaction score
    I thought the original cargo volume was too little. The new tweak to cargo may have gone a bit too far in the other direction. A cargo ship should maybe be able to haul at most ten 'ship-worth's of blocks. My base is not so crowded now with cargo, which I like. There is room for a bit more tweaking depending on the crowd reaction.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Its been a while since I posted here, going to go ahead and claim some of those patches where I din't post a suggestion for future suggestions here.

Could you guys take a look at the basic range of warp-gates and see about buffing that up some? Having a warp-gate its self is a target on the map, and with the range they operate at its rather silly to use them.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Its been a while since I posted here, going to go ahead and claim some of those patches where I din't post a suggestion for future suggestions here.

Could you guys take a look at the basic range of warp-gates and see about buffing that up some? Having a warp-gate its self is a target on the map, and with the range they operate at its rather silly to use them.
    This range can be changed in the server config files.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    This range can be changed in the server config files.
    Yes, this post was directed at getting the default the game is set at to change. Since Lancake is handling the configs we can post suggestion like this one that can be a simple number change to help make the game balanced.

If you have any ideas please share them.

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    can we unsticky this thread... cuz... OP was 6 months ago. :/

New thread & vote time.