Future of PvP?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Has any devs mentioned how they plan to encourage pvp in future?

Will there be any rewards for pvp, that cant be obtained in PvE?
    I'd love to have K/D/A stats for pvp, and some form of currency obtained in pvp exclusively, like faction points to be possible not jsut to loose but also gain by kiling someone.

I'd also love to have a system of finding specific player i have grudge against, other than just sticking around his base..

Also which is connected to pvp. any hints when first economical changes will be done to make obtaining build segments/ money any challenge at all?

I did watch Q/A and some mushrom fleet stuff but havent seen answers to those.

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Yeah, no idea... but I do know that PvEverything is about to get a LOT more interesting... Fighters flying around with explosive machine guns, massive turrets spraying piercing bullets all over everything...

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    In orver for pve to get interesting there needs to be some economical pressure to have something to strive for.

When resources are practicaly infinite there is no challenge in any pve, you just build bigger gun /shields and kill pirates effortlesly.

If you could not afford to build hudge ships, and these 700m massive ships would be hard to get( rare) now that would be interesting.

CyberTao

鬼佬
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    The New crafting system (In the next update no less) Should remove those boring infinite loops, and I think default will become "Buy with blocks"? and will be a Delay when spawning ships? I dunno, but Larger ships wont be as common :u

Pvp will come in the form of Faction warfare mainly, with the Faction points/size of the faction proving how good you are. The Problem thinking of it as "PvP and PvE" is that single player exist ._. and is the same game, you have to balance the two, so PvEverything is probably how things are headed (with Pirates and players having about the same worth when you shoot them down), or thats what I think *^*

You will get factions points by shooting down enemy faction members while at War though I think :u There has to be some way for pvp-hungry factions to stay stable and grow (and dont give me that Care bear shizzle please :p)

Also, being able to find a specific player? That should never be a function, due to the nature of Factions points and Homebase o -o it could easily be abused to find hidden bases (which removes the scouting aspect). But there will be a bounty board I believe, where you can pay to have him kill? :p

I believe is there is also plans to reduce the cost of blocks and make Money harder to get (just so Max Credits will feel like ALOT)

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Blocks are extremely easy to come by even without these loops.
    Big reason is that credits are so easy to get.

Without ways to locate players to find it is going to be hard to get good skirmishes/pirating .

The only way to find anyone to hunt down would be around their bases, and thats not very entartaining to wait there.

perhaps if there were some points where players would naturaly gather.. but i dont know what these points could be?

Trade posts perhaps? but this again comes down to making economy more challanging to force players to trade with eachother.
    But when every cube comes in thousands just from salvaging pirates and stations.. that will not happen.

CyberTao

鬼佬
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    Blocks actually arent all that easy to come back :u Shops normally have crap stock and Pirate spawn rates are very iffy in the current version (Plus you can edit the amount of loot you get via Server.cfg), But even in Hunting Pirates, That requires a person to do so -w-

A system to pin point and Track people is a horrible thing to add because A) Faction warfare would suffer and B) 'Trolls' and Griefers going around noob stomping and harassing people until they no longer enjoy the game. It might be helpful for starting pirates, but eventually there will be "Hot spots"; Factions that have masses of factories and do alot of trading for example (there is a coming inventory Nerf).

And the thousands of blocks you get from Pirates is a server setting :u Which is often turned down on servers, though it could be turned down even further. Would have to talk to the server admins and see if it really will be a benefit to the community, or if that community would reject it and just leave in protest u:

As it stands, there isnt much fun in piracy, but its coming * ^* eventually it will become somewhat viable (dont want all the newcomers going pirate), and then Factions will have to be active and protect those trade routes :u and with Factions points coming at some point, I expect many a trade route between Faction's factories and shipyards/bases * ^*

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    What would be the incentive for faction that is producing alot of cubes to trade them with others? What would be there for them to gain from such trade?
    Obvious anwer would be credits, but if they are already producing cubes they sell what are they supposed to get for that credits?

When i said loting pirates i realy ment salvaging their ships not the loot that they can drop, salvaging give alot of blocks.
    I cant see any way of making it hard to obtain 3k of each block. and that already makes a big ship.
    Will there be anything that is harder to get then just "find pirate/station and salvage like 200-few thousands of x block" ?
    Perhaps some REALY rare blocks are needed?
    Pvp currency/faction points could be potentially such thing.

CyberTao

鬼佬
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    3k makes around a medium-small ship :u unless its a cobbled together scrap heap or Multicoloured :/

The new Crafting system will be -Fixed- recipes, meaning you will have to gather Lava and Ores, which some factions could do and then sell them to other factions for stuff like shields/weapons/designs

If every faction wants to produce everything themselves, then this game will get very Dry :u and thats a different problem that may need to be addressed

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    Blocks actually arent all that easy to come back :u Shops normally have crap stock and Pirate spawn rates are very iffy in the current version (Plus you can edit the amount of loot you get via Server.cfg), But even in Hunting Pirates, That requires a person to do so -w-
    Looting Stations is an extremely easy way to get huge amounts of blocks and power gens. That is the main problem.