Fuel for Hyper/Jump Drives

Reaction score
    What if Jump Drives required fuel, in addition to the energy?

You could still run around the old fashioned way without it, but for quick travel you'd need some sort of craftable fuel.

You'd be able to craft the fuel cheaply or buy the fuel from shops at more expense

Would be a good economy item for multiplayer too; set up refueling stations for other players and then other players will need fuel occasionally.

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    What if fuel allows you to just jump with fewer modules or fuel would be a general setting for thrusters, FTL, reactors, ...?

There should also a fuel generator which can be set to "sun-powered", "time-powered" or "item(ID x)-powered"
    time-powered would be a normal reactor, but with the difference that you can not instantly access your whole energy storage - could be interesting too.

I think making it a general feature and per-block-type setting would satisfy more peoples (think of all the possibilities!)

Reaction score
    I always liked the idea of a 'hardcore' or survival mode in starmade, for late game.

You'd need to eat, mine comets for uranium and hydrogen fuel (or whatever the SM equivalent is.) and have enough power for your ECLSS to function for your oxygen.
    (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ISS_ECLSS)

Of course we're not likely to see any of this except in mods (And if we do, it certainly won't be within a few years), but I do like the idea.

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Hardcore:
    http://ston.jsc.nasa.gov/collections/TRS/_techrep/TP-2010-216126.pdf

Because air convection is significantly reduced in microgravity, local pockets of CO may form around sources of CO such as the nose and mouth. A computational fluid dynamics analysis revealed that without adequate ventilation, ppCO could rise above 9 mm Hg within 10 minutes around a sleeping crewmember’s mouth and chin (Son 2002).