Fuel consuming engines, matter replicators and fuel pipes

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Okay, so i have a few ideas:

•Fuel-consuming engines: the name i came up for the fuel is "elysium" (after the Roman version of Heaven, as this fuel would be quite valuble) but you can call it whatever you want, and (natually) would be mined from asteroids and planets. they would be 50% more powerful than the electric engines.

•Matter replicators: self explanitory, put stuff in, get more stuff out. would be more efficient but more expencive than factories, also able to use normal reactors, or can be fueled by Elysium to make it more productive.

•Pipes: transports elysium from one place to another.

The point of all this is to be able to create high-speed and super efficent cruisers that have the ability to make fuel on- board the ship.

Reaction score
    I say the fuel-breathing engines shouldn\'t be stronger, the electric engines should be weaker. Fuel engines should be what the electrics are at now, and electrics should be like IRL Ion engines, absolute crap, but still functional.

I dislike the matter replicator idea, unless it REQUIRES fuel, but you stated can work on normal reactors. The reason: It breaks the economy even more. Even if the prices are more balanced, this would tear it apart easily.

I dislike the pipes as well, fuel should be a globally existent thing, like shields, no one place has more fuel than another.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    A better idea would be afterburners, maybe. Much more power, limited fuel, can be recharged after a while.